Accident on S.R. 99 Causes Major Traffic Delays
A multiple-vehicle crash in Sacramento on the freeway caused reported injuries on October 27. The five-vehicle collision occurred along northbound State Route 99 just south of the northbound U.S. 50 connector around 4:16 p.m. A semi pulling a trailer and weighing around 25 tons was also possibly involved in the accident, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Minor Injuries Reported in Multiple-Vehicle Crash
Three to four of the lanes along S.R. 99 were blocked by the crash, causing major traffic delays. The semi and trailer had to be towed from the scene. At least one person reported a complaint of pain, and emergency responders noted minor injuries in the crash. The cause of the accident is under investigation by the CHP to find out how it happened and to assign fault.
Multiple-Vehicle Crash Causes
Almost all traffic collisions are caused by negligence. Generally, it is due to driver error. However, other factors may come into play that can lead to a multiple-vehicle crash. Following are some of the most common reasons for this type of collision:
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are distracted by their cell phones, GPS devices or other objects in the car are more likely to cause a multiple-vehicle crash.
- Poor road conditions: Potholes, debris and inclement weather can all contribute to a multi-vehicle collision. If negligence by a government entity causes a multiple-vehicle crash, they may be held responsible. The time limit for filing against a government entity is six months, so getting help from an accident attorney can ensure that the time limit is met. Otherwise, the court will refuse to hear the case.
- Speeding: Excessive speed is one of the leading causes of multiple-vehicle accidents.
- Defective auto parts: If an auto part is defective such as a tire, brakes, or steering, it means the driver has no control over their vehicle. An auto product liability claim may be placed to hold the parts designer, manufacturer and others responsible.
- Reckless driving: Weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating and running red lights are all examples of reckless driving that can lead to a multiple-car accident.
- Driver fatigue: Drowsy driving can be just as dangerous as being drunk and is often a contributing factor in multi-car accidents.
Enlisting the Help of an Accident Attorney
The bottom line is that there are many potential causes of a multiple-vehicle crash, and any one of them can have devastating consequences. If you have been involved in such an accident, it is important to call a personal injury attorney, who can help you obtain the compensation that you deserve.
How an Injury Lawyer Helps
The attorney can investigate the crash to determine which driver/drivers are liable for your accident injuries. In addition, they can compile a list of your damages and calculate what you should receive. By using an injury lawyer to handle your case, you can also recover compensation for your pain and suffering. By taking the case for recovery of damages off your shoulders, you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries without worrying about the financial end.
Contact a Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. You might be able to recover compensation if your accident injuries were caused by a negligent driver. We can help you determine if you are eligible for compensation by calling for our free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400. You can also contact us by calling (800) 404-5400 or sending us an online message.
As members of these organizations, we are honored:
Follow the links below to learn more about how our injury lawyers have helped others:
:cd llo