Golden State Highway Crash Involves Four Vehicles
A multiple-vehicle crash occurred in Sacramento on February 27 that caused two injuries. The accident occurred along northbound State Route 99 at the Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard off-ramp around 9:37 a.m. The report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) said the collision involved a Lexus sedan, a box truck, and two other passenger vehicles.
Two People Exported to Hospital Following Multiple-Vehicle Crash
Two of the vehicles blocked the center divider, while the other two were found on the right-hand side. Two patients were exported to a hospital following the collision with minor injuries. An investigation is underway to discover how the crash happened.
Determining Liability in a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
When a multiple-vehicle crash occurs, it is important to determine who is at fault to assign liability for the accident. Depending on the circumstances, there may be more than one person liable for the crash. An injury lawyer can determine fault by investigating the collision and collecting the evidence to support a client’s claim. Investigations may include:
- Police report: The police report can provide valuable information about the accident, including statements from witnesses and drivers involved, as well as any traffic citations or charges filed.
- Eyewitness testimony: Eyewitnesses who saw the accident happen may be able to provide important details about how the crash occurred and who was at fault.
- Physical evidence: Physical evidence such as skid marks, debris and vehicle damage can help reconstruct the accident and determine the sequence of events.
- Video footage: If there are cameras in the area, such as traffic or security video surveillance, the footage can provide a clear view of what happened during the accident.
- Expert analysis: Accident reconstruction experts may be brought in to analyze the evidence and provide an opinion on how the crash occurred.
- State traffic laws: State traffic laws can also be used to determine liability. For example, if a driver failed to yield the right of way or ran a red light, they may be considered at fault for the accident.
Recovery of Damages Following an Accident
In the event that you suffer an injury in a multiple-vehicle crash, a car accident lawyer can help you work toward getting the compensation you deserve. In addition to investigating the collision, the lawyer compiles evidence to support your claim in order to reach an agreement with the insurance company or to take the case to court if necessary. Damages that can be recovered include:
- Medical expenses: Hospitalization, doctors’ bills and other medical costs as well as rehabilitation expenses can be recovered from the accident. Settlements include ongoing expenses associated with an injury, which can be factored into the cost.
- Lost wages: A claim can be made for the lost wages due to the inability to work suffered by the injured party. Among these are bonuses, tips and other benefits that come with the job such as insurance and pensions. Those injured may be unable to return to work because of their disability or require a lower-paying job. If they become permanently disabled, lost earnings can be included up to retirement age. If they have to take a lower-paying job, the difference is factored in.
- Pain and suffering: An injured person may be entitled to compensation for his or her pain and suffering. Emotional and psychological pain are included in this category. Sometimes, the injured party develops post-traumatic stress disorder, and treatment for it may be recoverable.
Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith. I’m a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. If you’ve been injured by another’s negligence, you may be eligible to recover damages. Contact us by calling (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice on filing a compensation claim. There is also a contact form available online.
Click the below pages to see how the firm’s injury lawyers have helped others:
In addition to being members of several other groups, the accident attorneys in our firm are especially proud to be a part of the following:
Photo credit: Image by PublicDomainPictures from Pixabay
:cd llo