Sacramento Multiple Vehicle Collision on State Route 99
A multiple vehicle collision along State Route 99 north on August 25 in South Sacramento resulted in casualties when a big rig and numerous cars collided. According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), several lanes were blocked by the accident, while debris was spread over all the northbound lanes. It is unknown at this time how many people were injured in the multiple vehicle collision.
Details of the Crash
The accident happened shortly before 11:00 in the morning along the highway just south of U.S. Route 50. The CHP reported that it involved a big rig, Subaru Outback, Lexus, Kia and an unidentified SUV and van. Sac Fire was called to the scene to attend to those who were injured. The lanes were quickly unblocked by pulling all the vehicles over onto the right-hand side to allow traffic to pass. At least one tow truck was needed.
What an Attorney Can Do for You
Multiple vehicle crashes happen all too often and can end in serious injuries and fatalities. This is due to the nature of the accident. Instead of a crash between two cars, a multiple vehicle collision lends itself to more severe injuries. That is one reason you need the insight a car accident lawyer can provide. Our firm immediately dispatches an investigative team to the accident site to gather evidence on why the crash happened and who was at fault. We interview witnesses, obtain video footage from traffic cameras and storefront businesses, and review police reports for accuracy. Our legal team uses this information to structure a strong case against the defendant that will be used in a civil lawsuit or during negotiations with an insurance company.
Causes of Multiple Vehicle Accidents
Many multiple vehicle accidents occur on highways and intersections. Some of the reasons for these crashes are:
- Speeding: Higher than normal speeds are common to collisions that involve more than two vehicles. This factor alone is one of the reasons that the death toll is so high. The impact is greater since vehicles are moving at a high speed. It also almost guarantees that the vehicles will hit other cars and trucks near them.
- Weather: It is important for drivers to adjust their speed downward when the weather is bad. By not doing that, the weather will have a greater effect on the driver’s control of his or her vehicle. Losing control is a surefire way to cause an accident.
- Fatigue: When a driver is fatigued, their ability to handle a vehicle is diminished. Falling asleep at the wheel can cause the vehicle to veer into traffic or not stop in time. The latter often leads to rear-end crashes.
- Impaired driving: Intoxication can alter a driver’s coordination, judgment, visual acuity, and ability to concentrate. This can affect their ability to stop in time to avoid hitting someone, veer into adjacent lanes or misjudge distances.
- Distraction: Distracted driving is becoming a major hazard on the roads today. Many drivers try to multitask by texting, eating, talking to passengers, and even applying makeup. The problem here is that driver’s need to give their full attention to the road. Being distracted can cause a driver to crash into other vehicles at a high speed and cause a multiple vehicle crash.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. It is important to speak to an attorney after an accident. You can call me at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice. You can also contact me online if that is easier for you.
I’ve assisted numerous Sacramento residents and those who live in the surrounding area to obtain the compensation they deserve. Some areas I work in are wrongful deaths, all types of car accidents and other traumatic injuries.
I belong to the following organizations:
Please visit the following pages to learn more about my practice:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/crash-car-car-crash-accident-1308575/
:cd llo [cs 675]