Injury Accident on 14th Avenue Involves Motor Vehicle and Motorcyclist
A Sacramento motorcycle injury accident was reported on February 18 in a collision involving a car. The accident happened shortly after 2:00 p.m. near the intersection of 14th Avenue with Power Inn Road. Officers with the Sacramento Police Department reported that the injured rider was transported to a hospital for additional assessment and treatment. In the investigation into the cause of the accident, the driver remained at the accident scene and cooperated with officers.
Road dangers for Motorcyclists
In addition to negligent drivers and poorly maintained highways, motorcyclists face a number of dangers on the road that can lead to an injury accident. Riders do their best to stay safe, but motorcycle accidents can still cause serious injuries. An accident can occur if a motorcycle rider encounters the following dangers on the road:
- Turning in front of a motorcyclist: Motorcyclists are often involved in crashes caused by drivers turning in front of them. In these situations, the driver must keep an eye out for oncoming vehicles. A collision can be avoided by using extra caution because it is difficult to judge a vehicle’s speed and distance.
- Speeding drivers: It is common for motorcyclists to be involved in collisions caused by speeding motorists. Speeders pose a safety threat to everyone on the road because of their longer stopping distances and potential for losing control, which can cause an injury accident.
- Distractions: Distracted drivers are at risk for causing accidents when they text, talk on their cellphones, adjust their radios or do anything else that removes their attention from the road.
- Impaired drivers: Drivers who are impaired can cause motorcycle accidents. An intoxicated driver has trouble staying in their own lane and may weave in and out, which endangers others on the roadway. In addition, they have problems judging their distance from other vehicles and have slowed reflexes, which makes it more difficult for them to stop in time to prevent an injury accident.
- Poor road maintenance: Poorly maintained roadways can lead to motorcycle accidents that result in serious injuries. Poor lighting, potholes and upheavals in the pavement can cause motorcycle accidents due to poor government maintenance. Maintenance is usually the responsibility of a government entity, which can be held responsible if any injury accident occurs. However, the injured party has only six months to file a claim, so getting help from an accident attorney is important.
Filing a Claim to Recover Compensation in an Injury Accident
Insurance companies and civil courts can be difficult to deal with when they believe motorcycle riders are responsible for their own accidents. There has been a lot of hype created by the movie industry over the years. Our motorcycle accident lawyers have successfully handled many injury compensation claims involving riders and are experienced at countering these arguments.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a personal injury lawyer in Sacramento. A negligent driver can cause an injury, and we can assist you with placing a claim to recover compensation. For a free case review from one of our accident attorneys, questions answered, and to discover compensation options, call (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. We are also available online.
Since our injury lawyers began practicing, we have helped thousands of people get the compensation they deserve following an accident. Some of our previous cases can be reviewed at the following as well as client comments:
Photo attribution: Image by Albrecht Fietz from Pixabay
:cd llo  bw