Multiple-Vehicle Collision at Watt Avenue Intersection Injures Motorcyclist
A motorcycle crash with two other vehicles resulted in a major injury to the rider in Sacramento on December 19. The accident happened around 12:00 noon at the intersection of Watt Avenue and Longview Drive. The collision involved a Toyota RAV4 and a van in addition to the motorcycle rider and blocked the intersection, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
All Three Vehicles Towed from the Scene of the Motorcycle Crash
Enough damage was sustained by all three of the vehicles, including the motorcycle, that had to be towed from the scene. Police closed down the northbound lanes at Longview as an investigation into the cause of the accident was conducted. All the lanes were reported as open around 12:44 p.m.
Insurance Companies: Getting Fair Compensation
The accident attorneys with our firm have a great deal of experience working with insurance companies to ensure motorcycle riders receive fair settlements. It is our law firm’s job to counter the insurance company’s arguments to deny or lower a compensation claim and obtain maximum damages for motorcyclists who have been injured. We also provide the California Motorcycle Accident Handbook on our website based on our experience handling crash claims. Free to read online, it answers questions riders commonly ask after injury accidents.
Motorcycle Collisions Caused by Negligent Drivers
Even though most riders are aware of the devastating consequences of a motorcycle accident, they are inevitable at times. In many motorcycle accidents, the driver has been negligent in the following ways:
- A distracted driver is often responsible for motorcycle accidents. They may be texting, adjusting the radio station or other things that distract them from driving.
- Speeding is a common cause of motorcycle accidents. It is possible for a rider to be seriously injured or even killed in an accident involving a speeding motorist because a passenger vehicle driver will need more distance and time to stop.
- Drivers who hit motorcycles in the back or stop short can cause them to be ejected. Ejection from a motorcycle often causes broken bones, traumatic brain injuries and other serious problems.
- Motorcycle crashes are most often caused by passenger vehicles turning in front of them. In the middle of the street, a motorist can hit a rider by turning left from a parking lot.
- Motorcycle accidents can be caused by drunk drivers. Because intoxicated drivers are unpredictable and weave in and out of lanes, it is difficult for them to avoid collisions with motorcyclists.
Motorcycle Crash Evidence Collection
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Sacramento will send investigators to the collision site to collect evidence to support your claim. As with other personal injury cases, you pay nothing unless your case is successfully resolved. Witnesses will be interviewed and evidence can be collected from them in addition to studying traffic cameras in the area for video footage and performing accident reconstruction.
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a motorcycle accident attorney in Sacramento. Compensation may be available if your injuries were caused by the negligence of an at-fault motorist. We can provide you with free and friendly advice by calling (916) 921-6400. If you prefer, you can call us at (800) 404-5400 or contact us online. You can contact us without obligation or cost to learn more about your options for recovering compensation.
View our injury lawyers‘ testimonials and cases we’ve handled on these links to learn how they have helped others:
It is an honor to be a member of the following organizations:
:cd llo