Accident at 65th Street Intersection Involves Two Vehicles
A two-vehicle intersection collision in Sacramento resulted in at least one injury on August 11. The accident occurred at the intersection of 65th Street and Sky Parkway around 9:09 a.m. Officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that one female appeared to be injured, and medics with the Sacramento Fire Department were called to the scene.
Sky Parkway Northbound Lanes Closed as Investigation Is Conducted
The northbound lanes of Sky Parkway were blocked as injuries were assessed. No report was issued on whether that patient was transported to a hospital nearby or treated at the scene. An investigation into the cause of the intersection collision is underway by the CHP to determine how it occurred and to assign fault.
The Many Ways an Intersection Collision Can Occur
When someone is injured in an intersection collision caused by an at-fault driver or for other reasons, they have the right to place a claim to recover compensation. However, a crash at an intersection can occur for a number of reasons. Knowing the type of negligence that caused the crash is important for the injured party to place a claim. Some of the ways an intersection collision occurs that involves another motorist include:
- Running a red light is probably the most common reason an intersection accident happens.
- Drunk driving contributes to many traffic collisions, including those at intersections.
- Texting, talking on a cell phone, changing the radio station and other types of distracted driving can lead to an accident.
- Speeding and other types of reckless driving can cause a serious accident at an intersection.
- Making a risky left or right turn can lead to an intersection collision that not only involves other vehicles but can impact bicyclists and pedestrians.
Additional Problems That Can Cause an Intersection Collision
Negligent motorists aren’t the only cause of a serious crash at an intersection. Other ways these accidents can occur are:
- Lack of appropriate maintenance: When the government entity in charge of maintaining an intersection is negligent, serious accidents can occur. Traffic lights that are mistimed, overgrown shrubbery, missing signs and other problems can lead to an intersection collision. An accident lawyer can determine whether faulty government maintenance was at least partially responsible for an injury accident at an intersection. If it is found, the government entity may be held financially responsible. The statute of limitations for filing a claim against a government agency is six months, so asking for the help of an accident attorney is a good idea to ensure the timeline is met. Otherwise, the court will refuse to hear the case.
- Defective automobile parts: When brakes suddenly fail, a tire blowout occurs, the accelerator sticks or additional serious problems happen, it prevents the driver from being able to control their vehicle, leading to a crash. The auto manufacturer may be held liable in these cases by filing a product liability claim. However, keeping the vehicle intact is necessary, so it can be inspected for defects.
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. Serious injuries in an accident can leave you with high medical bills, lost wages and the pain and suffering that goes along with it. You can call us at (916) 921-6400 if you would like free and friendly advice on whether you can file a claim to recover compensation. We also offer a long-distance line at (800) 404-5400. An online contact form is also available.
We belong to the following associations:
The following links show how our injury lawyers helped other people in recovering compensation:
:cd llo