Hit-and-Run Near 47th Avenue Off-Ramp Causes Injury
A multiple-vehicle hit-and-run occurred in Sacramento on February 12 along southbound State Route 99. The accident involved a Chevy Traverse, a van and a Kia sedan and happened just north of the east 47th Avenue off-ramp at about 11:52 p.m. California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers reported that the accident blocked all of the lanes.
CHP Seeking Hit-and-Run Driver
One vehicle was found in the center divider, another was along the right-hand side, and the third blocked the middle of the roadway. The driver of the Chevy Traverse had a complaint of pain to their head and finger but declined medical attention at the scene. The driver of the sedan exited the freeway onto the off-ramp and showed damage to its left side. The CHP is investigating to find out how the accident happened and is searching for the fleeing driver.
Searching for the Driver Who Hit-and-Ran
It’s crucial to have a lawyer on your side if you have suffered injuries due to a fleeing motorist. A lawyer might be able to locate the motorist and hold him or her responsible for the accident. The pain and suffering of being injured, having high medical bills and being unable to work are hard enough. It is the driver’s responsibility to pay for your injuries if he or she caused your trauma. This is exactly what our law firm has done over the years to locate hit-and-run drivers.
- Our investigators gather evidence from the hit-and-run accident site as soon as possible to prevent it from being destroyed or covered up.
- There is a lot of information to be gained from witnesses. Witnesses may remember part of the license plate number from the accident as it happened. A witness may also be able to identify a vehicle and sometimes even the driver.
- One of the traffic surveillance cameras may have recorded the accident as it occurred, so it is a good source of information. It is possible to subpoena the film to help locate the driver who fled.
- Paint marks and metal fragments from the other car are looked for on the vehicle that was struck and the surrounding area at the accident scene. A vehicle’s make and model can be determined by this.
- Reconstruction of the accident is conducted to determine how the driver caused the crash. Insurance companies and civil courts accept this type of evidence.
By gathering the evidence, our injury attorneys can build a strong case that supports the claim for compensation of our clients.
Compensation Can Be Recovered Through Your Insurance Coverage
It is possible to use an uninsured/underinsured policy to cover medical expenses caused by the accident if the other driver isn’t located or can’t pay for your damages. Whether you are a driver, a passenger, a bicyclist or a pedestrian, this add-on insurance covers injuries. Alternatively, if an immediate family member took this coverage but you didn’t, their insurance can be used. Rates remain unchanged.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. A personal injury lawyer may be able to help you if your injuries were caused by a negligent driver. Contact our team of experienced lawyers at (916) 921-6400 for their free, friendly advice. Additionally, you can reach them by phone at (800) 404-5400 or online. You can schedule a free consultation with us, in person or virtually, to answer your questions, review your case and learn about your compensation options.
Having the honor of being a member of the following organizations is a privilege:
Read how our injury lawyers helped former clients receive compensation on the following pages:
:cd llo