Injuries Occur Involving Hit-and-Run Motorist on the West Side Freeway
A hit-and-run motorist in Sacramento on November 8 collided with another vehicle on the West Side Freeway, causing injuries. The accident happened along southbound I-5 at the Q Street off-ramp just before 10:00 p.m. The vehicle that was struck, a BMW sedan, was blocking the slow lane, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Detectives Seek Sacramento Hit-and-Run Motorist
The vehicle had sustained a broken tire and window and caused injuries to someone inside. Authorities are seeking a white vehicle, which is suspected of having been involved in the crash. A wrecker was called to remove the BMW. At the time of this report, information was not available on what hospital the injured party was transported to for medical care. Detectives with the CHP traffic investigation unit are assessing how the collision happened.
The Way We Help Clients Injured by Fleeing Drivers
Over the years, we have successfully located a number of hit-and-run drivers. We understand how important this is, so the driver can be held responsible for their actions. In addition, we have investigators and resources that help us accomplish this task. Some of the areas where our accident investigation takes us include:
- In order to find physical evidence, the investigators go to the accident scene where they search for paint from the vehicle and dropped metal pieces. These are used to identify the vehicle’s make and model.
- Witnesses to the accident involving the hit-and-run motorist are interviewed.
- In order to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the police report, we review them. This is important because a mistake could affect the client’s ability to place a compensation claim.
- In order to gain a complete understanding of the crash, we utilize accident reconstruction techniques and review surveillance videos. If a surveillance video caught the accident on tape, it can be subpoenaed to support your claim.
- As a result of the evidence, our attorneys can present a strong case for negotiation or litigation.
Accident Compensation After At-Fault Drivers Leave
Injuries resulting from accidents are difficult to compensate when the at-fault hit-and-run motorist cannot be identified. Even if the driver is located, they may be uninsured or not have the financial ability to pay your injury claim. If this happens, we help clients by leveraging their insurance coverage for uninsured/underinsured motorists.
All California drivers are offered this addendum as part of their auto insurance. Many drivers take advantage of this offer because of the high number of uninsured/underinsured motorists in the state. No matter how the injured person gets injured, whether they are driving, walking, or riding a bicycle, the add-on policy can help. Additionally, if they haven’t gotten coverage but another member of their family has, the injured party can use it. The policy rates remain unaffected.
Access the following video by accident lawyer Ed Smith to learn tips on choosing an attorney:
Sacramento Car Collision Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith. I’m a Sacramento car collision lawyer. When negligence causes a person’s injuries, they can be held liable for their medical expenses and other losses. If you call (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400, we can provide you with free and friendly advice. Please contact us so that we can assess your case, answer your questions, and discuss your options for recovering compensation for your losses. Online contact is also available.
After getting harmed in a car accident, our injury lawyers have helped many hurt people obtain the compensation they deserve, which you can see by clicking on reviews at Google and Yelp along with our own Settlements and Verdicts page.
:cd llo [cs 663]