Accident on I-5 Causes Rollover With Injuries
A hit-and-run with reported injuries that occurred in Sacramento on November 1 involved a rollover. The collision occurred around 7:27 p.m. on southbound Interstate 5 just north of the 43rd Avenue off-ramp. An overturned Honda was discovered by California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers and was blocking the slow lane.
Authorities Seeking Hit-and-Run Driver
The driver who caused the accident had fled the scene. The incident is being investigated by the CHP to locate the driver and find out how the accident occurred.
Locating a Hit-and-Run Driver After an Injury Accident
In cases where fleeing drivers are found, they can be held liable for their accident injuries. It is often possible to identify these drivers during an investigation. My law firm has successfully uncovered a number of hit-and-run drivers over the years.
By conducting our own investigation as well as working with local authorities, it has been our mission to hold these negligent drivers responsible for the injuries they cause. It is difficult enough for someone to suffer an accident injury that wasn’t their fault. Having to bear the financial burden of medical bills and lost wages as well as their pain and suffering, should be the responsibility of the fleeing driver.
Investigating an Accident That Involves a Hit-and-Run Driver
Our investigative team goes to the accident site as quickly as possible to gather the evidence needed to hold the fleeing driver accountable through their insurance company or by filing a lawsuit in civil court. Evidence is collected in the following areas in order to locate the driver:
- Witnesses are interviewed during the investigation of the accident. There may be witnesses who can supply information about the vehicle and driver. A cell phone videotape of the accident or a portion of the license plate number has even been recalled by some witnesses, which serves as compelling evidence.
- The traffic surveillance cameras in the area are inspected to determine if the collision was captured on camera.
- Evidence is also collected from the crash site during the investigation of the accident involving the fleeing driver. Using paint samples and metal pieces dropped from the vehicle, it is possible to determine the make and model of the car.
- Errors in a police record can affect an injured party’s ability to collect compensation. The report is thoroughly examined by our investigators because of this reason.
- Investigators use forensic reconstruction to determine how accidents happen and who is responsible. This type of evidence is frequently used by both insurance companies and courts.
Receiving Compensation Through Your Insurance
Uninsured/underinsured motorists may be entitled to recover damages if the driver does not appear to be insured or cannot be located following an accident. Add-on policies like these are available to all California drivers when purchasing auto insurance. Without this additional policy, the injured person has another option. Uninsured/underinsured coverage may be available through another member of the family. Rates will not change in the future.
Personal Injury Attorney in Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, a personal injury attorney in Sacramento. Your medical costs, lost wages and pain and suffering may be recovered if you were injured in an accident caused by a negligent driver. For free and friendly advice, call us locally at (916) 921-6400 or long-distance at (800) 404-5400. Online messaging is another way to get in touch with us.
Following are a few of the groups we are honored to belong to:
Following is a sample of some of the cases and comments from people who have worked with our team of injury lawyers to get fair compensation for their injuries:
Photo attribution: Image by Gerhard from Pixabay
:cd llo