Hit-and-Run Driver on Stockton Boulevard Causes Fatal Accident
A bicycle fatality accident occurred in Sacramento on March 18, and the driver that struck the cyclist fled the scene. The accident happened along Stockton Boulevard between 20th and Parker avenues around 7:00 p.m., according to the Sacramento Police Department. The rider who died in the crash was identified as a male and was pronounced dead at the accident scene. Detectives with the Major Collision Investigation Unit were called to the scene to collect evidence and determine how the fatal accident happened.
Negligent Motorist Accidents Involving Bicycles
Among the most common types of bicycle accidents are those caused by negligent motorists. Many bicycle accidents result from a negligent driver’s careless behavior, resulting in injury or death to cyclists. Common causes of these types of bicycle accidents include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Running stop signs or red lights
How a Lawyer Conducts an Investigation to Locate a Hit-and-Run Driver
Once a lawyer has identified that the accident was a hit-and-run, they will begin their investigation into the case. This includes interviewing witnesses and gathering as much evidence that may be available. Depending on the severity of the crime, investigators may employ various techniques to help them build their case.
- Witnesses: Witnesses are essential in any hit-and-run case. Finding witnesses that may have seen the incident is crucial as they can provide valuable statements about what happened and who was responsible.
- Accident reconstruction: Accident reconstruction experts can help lawyers to piece together events that occurred in the accident. In addition, accident reconstructionists can assist with determining who was at fault by using special techniques such as measuring skid marks or other indicators of speed and direction.
- Expert witnesses: Expert witnesses can be hired by the lawyer to provide testimony that may support their case. They can help lawyers establish facts such as who was at fault and whether a particular party should be held liable.
- Other evidence: The lawyer may also look into any other evidence available such as photos, videos or audio recordings of the incident. They can also investigate whether any surveillance cameras in the area may have captured the crash on tape.
The lawyer will then use all of this evidence and testimony to build a strong case against the driver responsible for the hit-and-run incident.
Bringing a Wrongful Death Claim After a Fatality Accident
The desire for justice is natural when a loved one is killed by the negligence of another person or entity. Accident attorneys who understand the law and your family’s needs can assist your family with wrongful death claims. Deaths caused by bicycle crashes are especially heartbreaking since riders are not protected from severe injuries.
Your family will be able to pursue a rightful outcome if you hire a wrongful death attorney who understands the legal complexities surrounding bicycle fatality accidents. The best course of action is to consult an experienced attorney if you believe another person or entity’s negligence contributed to the wrongful death of your loved one.
Personal Injury Attorney in Sacramento
I am Ed Smith. I’m a personal injury attorney in Sacramento. In the event of the fatality of a loved one caused by a negligent driver, the family may wish to consider bringing a wrongful death lawsuit. We will be pleased to provide free, friendly and compassionate assistance when you call (916) 921-6400. Our toll-free number is (800) 404-5400. We can also be reached online.
The team of injury lawyers has helped many people recover compensation, as you can see below:
Belonging to the groups that follow shows how hard our accident attorneys work:
Photo attribution: Image by Andreas Lischka from Pixabay
:cd llo