A Roseville motorcyclist fatality occurred on January 10, after the rider’s Kawasaki Ninja swerved into oncoming traffic along southbound Industrial Avenue. The rider, identified as a Roseville resident, age 25, collided with a Toyota Highlander. The Toyota driver, also a Roseville resident, age 70, was uninjured in the crash. The name of the deceased rider has not been released. I want to offer my sincere condolences to the family and friends of the deceased man in their time of sorrow.
Roseville Motorcyclist Fatality Details
According to the report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the rider was moving at high speed close to South Loop Road when the accident happened. Upon impact, the motorcyclist was thrown from his bike. The injuries he suffered were fatal, and first responders with the Roseville Fire Department declared him dead at the accident scene. The Toyota driver was not charged in the accident. The road in the vicinity of the Roseville motorcyclist fatality was closed for around two hours as an investigation into the accident was conducted by the CHP.
There are a number of factors that can increase the likelihood that a motorcycle rider will be involved in a collision. Some of the reasons are:
- Riders purchase a motorcycle that has too much power for them to handle safely. Buying guides are available to help a new rider choose the appropriate type of motorcycle.
- They may take only one safety course or none at all. Not only is safety training important, but there are also intermediate and also advanced safety courses offered that can increase a motorcyclist’s skills.
- Riders may fail to learn to ride as if they are invisible. Many motorists, following a collision with a motorcycle rider, say that they never saw the bike, so being conspicuous on the road is important.
- Riders may fail to use extra caution when lane splitting, causing a Roseville motorcyclist fatality. Don’t lane split when other motorists are moving faster than 30 mph, and don’t travel over 10 miles above the rest of the traffic.
Watch YouTube Video: The following video explains why you should hire a motorcycle accident lawyer.
Compensation in a Wrongful Death
Family members who have suffered the death of a loved one may be able to collect fair compensation when it was caused by a negligent driver or entity. An experienced injury lawyer can help by gathering evidence, conducting their own investigation, and compiling all the information needed to build a strong case. Obtaining compensation can help with closure as well as assisting the family through the financial difficulties that can arise from that loss. Damages that can be claimed include:
- Funeral and burial costs.
- Lost future wages until the time of normal retirement, along with pension benefits, insurance, and health coverage.
- Services the loved one provided such as car repair, lawn care, cooking, etc.
- Loss of consortium.
- Loss of inheritance that would have accumulated if the decedent had lived.
- Loss of the love, care, companionship, and guidance provided by the deceased.
Roseville Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Roseville wrongful death lawyer. If a negligent motorist or entity is responsible for the death of your loved one, the family might be able to place a wrongful death claim to recover their financial losses. For free and friendly advice, you can get in touch with me at (916) 921-6400 from Roseville or through my free long-distance line at (800) 404-5400 if you call from somewhere else in Northern California. In addition to my phone lines, I also have a contact page on my website at AutoAccident.com.
Two groups that I belong to are Million Dollar Advocates and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. The first was set up for trial lawyers who have obtained more than $1 million for a client. The second is by invitation only for those fewer than one percent of lawyers who are recognized as promoting legal excellence in their practice.
You can find out more about my law practice by looking over client reviews and previous cases we have handled at:
Photo Attribution: Pixabay
:cd jc [cs 761] cv