Rollover Accident Sunrise Blvd Rancho Cordova
A Rancho Cordova rollover accident that resulted in a fatality occurred on October 5 during the morning commute that caused long traffic delays. It occurred on southbound Sunrise Boulevard between Chrysanthy Boulevard and Douglas Road when an 80s vintage pickup with three people inside who were driving to work experienced a rollover along the roadway. I want to express my deep sympathy to those who were close to the deceased in their time of loss and sorrow.
Speed May Have Contributed to the Rancho Cordova Rollover
It was reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) that the driver was speeding and driving erratically when that person lost control of the vehicle. Along with speed, the driver may have been going too fast for the weather conditions when the accident occurred.
Rancho Cordova Rollover Fatality and Injuries
The two passengers in the pickup were transported to a hospital for what was reported as major injuries. The driver of the pickup was ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene of the crash from his serious injuries. The coroner was unable to arrive at the accident scene for about two hours, and the deceased driver was removed after being pronounced dead. Sunrise Boulevard in the vicinity of the accident remained closed until about noon while an investigation by authorities ensued. As of the time of this report, the names of those involved in the accident have not been released.
Weather Events Contribute to Traffic Accidents
According to the Federal Highway Administration, weather conditions can act in numerous ways to affect a driver and vehicle. The term weather event is used to describe conditions such as high wind, precipitation, visibility, and temperature extremes. Some of the ways weather can affect a driver and potentially cause a Rancho Cordova rollover fatality or injuries are as follows:
- Rain: It is important for drivers to slow down particularly during the first few minutes when it is raining for another reason than poor visibility. Because the moisture from the rain can combine with dust and oil from the road surface, this is when it is most dangerous. Besides hydroplaning, a driver can lose control of a vehicle, slide into another lane or experience a rollover by hitting a guardrail. Flooded roads can increase the risk of injuries and fatalities.
- Fog: Surprisingly enough, foggy weather is when the fewest number of collisions occur, except in heavy traffic. Because fog obscures visibility, drivers are more likely to slow down and exercise more caution.
- Wind: High winds can affect visibility due to blowing dust or debris. In some vehicles, it can produce instability, especially in cars with a higher center of gravity such as vans, pickups, and SUVs. This can lead to a Rancho Cordova rollover. In certain models, a crushed roof can occur in a rollover, increasing the risk of traumatic brain injury.
- Snow and icy conditions: Driving in snow and ice is hazardous, especially when it starts to melt. This is because traction is reduced since wet surfaces are a lubricant. To reduce the risk of a rollover, slow down, maintain a safe distance from other vehicles and avoid fast stops and turns. Because California is a comparative fault state, when multiple vehicles are involved in an accident, drivers may still be able to claim compensation and collect at least part of the damages they are awarded.
- Sun glare: All drivers know that it is more difficult to see when the sun is glaring through the windshield. Wearing sunglasses and using the visor in your car can help avoid rear-end collisions or striking an immovable object such as a curb.
Rancho Cordova Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Rancho Cordova car accident lawyer. Speeding during inclement weather can contribute to a motor vehicle accident. If you or your family member was injured in an accident through the negligence of another, I am here to offer you free and friendly advice. You can reach me at (916) 921-6400, (800) 404-5400, or you are welcome to use my online contact form.
I have worked as an injury lawyer since 1982, protecting the rights of and obtaining fair compensation for many residents of Rancho Cordova and other Northern Californians. The areas of personal injury law that I work in include wrongful death cases, all types of accidents and catastrophic trauma such as traumatic brain injuries.
For some time now, I’ve been a California member of the Million Dollar Forum, which is a group of trial attorneys who have all obtained a settlement/verdict for one of their clients in excess of one million dollars.
To learn about my law practice by seeing what former clients have had to say and to see some of our prior cases, please visit:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/car-accident-clash-rome-highway-2165210/
:cd llo [cs 820] cv