Rollover Accident Injures Two Near Merced County
Rollover Accident Injures Two Near Merced County. Recently, two pickup trucks were involved in an accident in Merced County. At approximately 10:00 in the morning, the California Highway Patrol (CHP) responded to the scene of a rollover accident along Highway 140 in the vicinity of Massasso Street. A man driving a Dodge pickup truck was traveling eastbound along the highway when he was unable to stop in time to avoid a slowed Ford F-150 pickup truck in front of him, resulting in a rear-end collision. The impact caused the Dodge to roll over off the side of the roadway. The Ford was propelled into the shoulder of the highway and sustained severe rear-end damage as a result. Emergency crews responding to the scene stated that the Dodge driver reported injuries but declined medical care while the Ford driver was taken by ambulance to a local hospital for treatment. An update on the conditions of both drivers involved in the collision has not yet been released by officials.
Common Causes of Rear-End Collisions
Following are the common causes of rear-end collisions:
- Defective Brakes: Brake failure can prevent a driver from stopping, heightening the risk of a rear-end accident.
- Distracted Driving: This includes any task that diverts your attention from the road while driving. Some types of distracted driving include texting or calling on a cell phone, eating, applying makeup, and fiddling with the stereo.
- Fatigued Driving: Falling asleep for a brief moment while behind the wheel can cause a motorist to miss potential issues on the road.
- Inclement Conditions: Poor weather is attributable to rear-end collisions as rain or fog may limit the motorist’s view of the road.
- Speeding: Traveling at speeds too fast for traffic or weather conditions can make it less likely for a driver to stop in time to avoid a crash.
- Tailgating: Following too closely can increase the odds of a rear-end collision. This can be prevented by allowing a safe following distance between your vehicle and other cars.
Why Are Rollover Accidents More Dangerous?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, rollover accidents are more dangerous compared to other types of accidents because they tend to result in the most traffic fatalities. This is due to the momentum of the vehicle during a rollover which can cause occupants to be ejected from a car. In these types of accidents, the airbags or vehicle roofs may not be able to provide substantial protection for occupants inside. Stronger roofs are necessary for preventing serious injuries and helping to keep occupants from being ejected through the doors, windows, or windshield of a vehicle, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
Watch YouTube Video – How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help. The following video discusses the steps to finding a personal injury lawyer following a motor vehicle accident.
Rollover Accidents and Roof Crush Injuries
Rollover accidents occur when a car overturns on the road. Sometimes, this can cause a car to land on its roof. Because certain vehicles are more prone to tipping over in a crash such as SUVs and 15-passenger vans, adequate roof protection is critical for the safety of vehicle occupants. When an individual suffers from roof crush injuries in a rollover accident, an auto products liability claim may be filed against the manufacturer for damages incurred from inadequate roof protection. Contact an experienced attorney for more information.
Merced Car Accident Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Merced car accident lawyer. Suffering injuries from a car accident can be extremely difficult. If a car accident caused by a negligent driver has left you or a loved one with serious injuries, you may call me anytime for free, friendly advice at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400.
Comments from my prior clients are available for your review on:
I am a member of the Million Dollar Advocates, a forum of U.S. trial attorneys with a past verdict or settlement worth $1 million or more.
If you would like to learn more about my work history, go to my Verdicts and Settlements page.
Rollover Accident Injures Two Near Merced County: AutoAccident.com
Image :ab / Rollover Accident Injures Two Near Merced County
:ds [cs 720] cha cv