Head-On Collision Reported at Rio Linda Boulevard Intersection
A head-on collision in Rio Linda on October 7 caused major injuries in a two-vehicle crash. The accident happened just before 6:00 p.m. at the intersection of Rio Linda and Marysville boulevards when a pickup and sedan collided. The vehicles blocked the intersection following the crash, and traffic in both directions had to be shut down, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers who investigated the crash.
Authorities Investigating Rio Linda Head-On Collision
The collision was violent enough that the sedan was missing its left front wheel. Emergency responders with Sac Metro Fire transported at least one person to Mercy San Juan Medical Center for treatment. The roadway reopened around 7:00 p.m. An investigation into the cause of the head-on collision and which driver was at fault is underway by the CHP.
Causes of Intersection Accidents
Intersections are where more than half of all traffic collisions occur, and a head-on isn’t that unusual. Any time a vehicle crosses into an opposing lane, such as when making a left turn, a head-on collision can occur if the driver isn’t cautious or makes a risky maneuver. Other reasons an accident of this type can happen include:
- Making a U-turn: When a driver makes a U-turn, especially an illegal one, it can result in a crash because other motorists don’t expect it.
- Speeding: A speeding driver frequently cannot stop in time to avoid a collision when approaching an intersection.
- Wrong-way driver: This is a common cause of a head-on collision. Although this type of accident happens on freeways, it can also occur on a one-way street or when someone gets confused by the traffic signs.
- Distracted driving: A motorist who is talking on their cell phone, texting, changing a radio station, or doing other activities is removing their focus from driving and watching the surrounding traffic.
- Drunk driving: A major cause of accidents, the drunk driver has problems staying in their own lane, speeds up and slows down, and can even end up on the sidewalk. This type of driver can easily lead to a head-on collision.
- Fatigue: A driver who is too tired to be behind the wheel of a car is comparable to one who is impaired by alcohol or drugs in their actions and reactions. This makes them dangerous on the road, and this type of driver can cause a head-on collision.
Investigating a Head-On Collision
A head-on collision is investigated the same way other accidents are. We send out investigators to gather the evidence to prove fault and support the client’s claim for compensation. They collect evidence at the accident site and perform the following:
- The investigators review the police report to make sure it is accurate because mistakes could affect a client’s ability to place a claim for compensation.
- They perform accident reconstruction, which can indicate how the vehicles were positioned before the collision occurred, how they collided, and where they ended up. This type of evidence often points toward which driver was at fault and is used by insurance companies and in civil court.
- Witnesses are interviewed.
- Traffic cameras in the area are examined to see if the head-on collision was captured on tape.
- Our injury lawyers use the gathered information to build a strong case to support the client’s compensation claim.
Rio Linda Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Rio Linda car accident lawyer. Traffic accidents can cause devastating injuries, resulting in lost wages, high medical bills, and pain and suffering. If you would like to find out if you can place a claim for compensation when a negligent driver caused your injuries, contact us at (916) 921-6400. We can also be reached at (800) 404-5400 or online for our free and friendly advice.
My legal team and I have assisted Rio Linda residents since 1982 in recovering the compensation they deserve for all varieties of traffic collisions, motorcycle and bicycle crashes, pedestrian injuries, wrongful deaths, and other cases.
Helpful information about our law firm can be found below:
We are honored to be California members of:
:cd llo