Reported Accidents February 19
Reported Accidents February 19
TURLOCK, CA — A three-vehicle crash unfolded on the train tracks near Monte Vista Avenue and Golden State Boulevard in Turlock on Saturday, leaving five people injured and in need of hospital care.
Firefighters arrived just before 11 a.m., carefully evaluating all 10 individuals involved to ensure everyone received proper medical attention. After assessments were completed, five people were transported to the hospital for further treatment.
Rail service through the area was paused for approximately an hour as crews worked at the scene. The tracks have since reopened.
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer serving Turlock and Stanislaus County. At AutoAccident.com, we understand how unsettling and overwhelming car accidents can be. If you or a loved one were injured in a crash caused by a negligent or reckless driver, the experienced legal team of AutoAccident.com is here to help you navigate the legal process, hold at-fault drivers accountable, and fight for the justice you deserve. Call our accident attorneys at (916) 921-6400 for free, friendly legal advice. You can also reach out through our online contact form or toll-free number at (800) 404-5400.
STOCKTON, CA – A 53-year-old man tragically lost his life Sunday evening after being struck by a vehicle in Stockton, according to the Stockton Police Department.
Police said that at approximately 9:33 p.m., the man was crossing the street in the 1900 block of South El Dorado Street in the Seaport District when he was hit by a car. He was transported to the hospital, where he later died from his injuries.
Authorities confirmed that the driver involved is cooperating with the ongoing investigation.
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car and pedestrian accident lawyer serving Stockton and San Joaquin County. If you or a loved one were injured in a crash caused by a negligent or reckless driver, know that you’re not alone. AutoAccident.com is one of the most trusted personal injury firms in California, and across the U.S. Our caring legal team is here to help you navigate the legal process, hold at-fault drivers accountable, and fight for the justice you deserve. Call our accident attorneys at (916) 921-6400 for free, friendly legal advice. You can also reach out through our online contact form or toll-free number at (800) 404-5400.
EAST SONORA, CA – One person lost his life after being struck by an SUV in an accident on Highway 108 Bypass in East Sonora. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) states that the driver was not at fault.
The crash took place shortly before midnight Thursday on the bypass, just west of Sullivan Creek Road, close to the Mono Way on-ramp. A CHP spokesperson said an unidentified man had been standing on the south shoulder of the highway when a 41-year-old woman driving eastbound in a 2012 Ford Expedition SUV approached.
As the vehicle neared him, the pedestrian suddenly walked into the roadway right in front of the SUV.
Authorities said the man’s identity, as well as whether impairment played a role, remains unknown. Sadly, he sustained major injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators determined that alcohol and/or drugs were not a factor for the driver, who was not hurt in the crash.
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car and pedestrian accident lawyer serving Sonora, East Sonora and Tuolumne County. At AutoAccident.com, we understand how devastating an auto accident can be. If you or a loved one were seriously hurt in a crash caused by a negligent or reckless driver, you don’t have to navigate the aftermath alone. Our experienced legal team is here to provide compassionate support and help you understand your rights and options. Call our accident attorneys at (916) 921-6400 for free, friendly legal advice. You can also reach out through our online contact form or toll-free number at (800) 404-5400.
MERCED, CA — A Texas woman convicted in a DUI crash that claimed the life of a 29-year-old man from Merced has been sentenced to 10 years, 8 months in state prison.
The driver, Desiree Rose Gomez, was found guilty of committing felony DUI causing injury while intoxicated and gross vehicular manslaughter, arising from a collision at the intersection of G Street and East Olive Avenue in Merced just before 5 p.m. on May 3, 2025. The victim was riding a motorcycle when he was struck by Gomez’s SUV.
In the weeks after the crash, family members, friends, and students gathered at the intersection where he was killed, holding a candlelight vigil to honor his memory. Wednesday’s sentencing brings a measure of closure to a case that deeply affected the Merced community.
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car and motorcycle accident lawyer serving Merced and Merced County. If you or a loved one were injured in a crash caused by a negligent or reckless driver, know that you’re not alone. AutoAccident.com is one of the most trusted personal injury firms in California, and across the U.S. Our caring legal team is here to help you navigate the legal process, hold at-fault drivers accountable, and fight for the justice you deserve. Call our accident attorneys at (916) 921-6400 for free, friendly legal advice. You can also reach out through our online contact form or toll-free number at (800) 404-5400.