Motorcycle Collisions and Receiving the Compensation You Deserve
The area surrounding Loomis is beautiful and not intended for a motorcycle collision. Taking to the roads or trails winding through the countryside is an enjoyable way to ride unfettered, but that freedom is countered by an increased risk of accidents and injuries. If you are unfortunate enough to be injured in an accident caused by a negligent driver, a motorcycle accident attorney from Loomis can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Motorcycle Riders Sometimes Face Unfair Treatment
Motorcycle accidents with a motor vehicle often cause severe injuries. Although an insurance company will offer a low settlement, a rider may feel pressured to take it because medical bills and lost wages are mounting. Unfortunately, if the rider settles their claim too soon, they may find that they still owe those mounting medical costs and cannot return to work.
Countering Arguments Made by Insurance Companies After a Motorcycle Collision
At AutoAccident.com, we know all the ruses and tricks that insurance companies use to avoid paying out a fair settlement. We know how to counter the arguments and obtain fair compensation for a motorcyclist after an injury accident. We have successfully handled so many motorcycle claims, I even released a booklet on Amazon called the California Motorcycle Accident Handbook. It answers questions commonly asked by a rider following an injury accident and is free to read online.
The Most Common Causes of a Motor Vehicle Collision With a Motorcycle
Even though most motorcycle riders are cautious because they understand how devastating a collision with a motor vehicle can be, there are times when an accident can’t be avoided. Some of the main types of negligence by drivers that lead to a motorcycle accident are:
- Turning in front of a motorcycle is the main cause of a collision involving a motor vehicle. Although a motorist may be turning left from a parking lot in the middle of the street, they may also strike a rider who is legally passing through an intersection.
- Reckless driving, such as tailgating a motorcycle rider or stopping short in front of one can cause the rider to be ejected from their bike. This often results in bone fractures, traumatic brain injuries and other serious medical problems.
- Speeding causes a high number of accidents with motorcycles. Since a speeding driver needs more time and distance to stop, a motorcycle collision can be deadly.
- Drunk drivers can easily cause a motorcycle collision. Because the drunk driver weaves in and out of their lane and speeds and slows, it can be hard for a motorcycle rider to avoid a collision with one.
- Distracted drivers are common and can be texting, changing the radio station, or other activities that take their focus off the road and end up causing a motorcycle collision.
Gathering Evidence to Support Your Motorcycle Collision Claim
To place a claim for compensation following an accident, your Loomis motorcycle accident lawyer will conduct an investigation to gather the evidence needed to support your claim. As in all personal injury cases, you owe nothing until your case has been won. Evidence collection can include examining area traffic cameras to see if the collision was captured on film, interviewing witnesses, and performing accident reconstruction.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Loomis, CA
My name is Ed Smith, and I am a motorcycle accident lawyer in Loomis. If a negligent driver caused your accident injuries, we are here to offer you free and friendly advice when you call us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. We also have an online contact form if you prefer to get in touch with us that way. We can set up a free, no-obligation consultation with you virtually or in-person to review your case, answer your questions and tell you what options there are for you to recover damages.
Discover how our injury lawyer team has helped others at the following:
We are honored to belong to:
Photo attribution: Image by Jess Foami from Pixabay
:cd llo