Minor Injuries Reported in Head-On Collision on Rock Creek Road
A head-on collision in Placerville resulted in minor injuries on January 8. The collision occurred at the intersection of Rock Creek and Gravel Roads, which is a rural area, around 12:34 p.m. The vehicles ended up blocking that intersection, according to the report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP). Although an investigation was conducted by the CHP to determine the cause of the crash, the reason for the collision was not released.
Adrenaline Can Mask Potentially Serious Injuries
The adrenaline rush experienced by those involved in traffic accidents is common when stressful circumstances are present. The symptoms of a major injury may not manifest for hours, days or weeks even after a minor head-on collision. When you do not have any documentation of your accident injury, you will have a much more difficult time filing a compensation claim. Any crash requires immediate medical attention, which is why seeking treatment is so necessary.
Symptoms of Major Injuries Can Be Delayed in a Head-On Collision
It can take a long time for some injuries to manifest following a minor injury accident, which indicates a more serious type of trauma. These include:
- Cervical sprain or strain: It is common for people to suffer neck strains and sprains following a traffic accident, even if it is only a rear-end collision at a low speed. When “whiplash” occurs as a result of a minor accident, it typically resolves within a few weeks. However, healing can take as long as a year in the most serious cases.
- Back injuries: A traffic accident, even a minor head-on collision, can result in back pain for many people. Over time, the pain may become more severe, making it difficult to walk, move comfortably or even perform daily tasks. Spinal injuries, sprains, disc herniations and cervical strains may lead to severe back pain.
- Headaches: Headaches are common after a minor crash, but increasing severity may signal a more serious issue. Blood clots and neck trauma can cause headaches in addition to concussions and traumatic brain injuries. If a driver is hit by a car and suffers a blow to the head, it is crucial to get checked out as soon as possible.
- Abdominal trauma: In the event of abdominal trauma, you should seek immediate medical care or go to the emergency room as soon as possible. Heavy bruising and considerable pain may result from internal bleeding in the abdomen. It is often necessary to perform emergency surgery in order to repair these types of injuries.
- Behavioral changes: Depressive disorders, difficulties seeing or hearing, memory problems, or personality changes can indicate an underlying serious issue. If you have any of these symptoms, you should seek medical attention immediately.
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities: These symptoms may appear after a minor injury accident. You should seek medical attention if you experience these symptoms, as they may indicate damage to a cervical disc, a pinched nerve, or other health conditions.
Placerville Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Placerville personal injury lawyer. Accidents may initially appear to cause minor injuries, but they can become more serious as time passes. Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to recover compensation if your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence. Please call our accident attorneys at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice. You can also contact us via an online message form.
Here are some of the ways our El Dorado County injury lawyers have helped residents get fair compensation over the years:
These groups in California honor us as members:
Photo attribution: Image by Vladyslav Topyekha from Pixabay
:cd llo