Vehicle Causes Traffic Crash by Hitting Pedestrian on Foster Road
A pedestrian suffered major injuries in a traffic crash in Napa on October 5 after being struck by a vehicle. The accident happened along Foster Road near Hilton Avenue, according to a Napa Police Department representative. According to police, it was the driver of the Toyota 4Runner who phoned police around 6:22 p.m. to say they had hit a pedestrian. The driver was reportedly going south along Foster Road as the pedestrian walked north when the traffic crash occurred.
Injured Pedestrian Transported to Hospital With Major Injuries
Police officers as well as emergency responders with the Napa Fire Department and American Medical Response arrived at the accident scene to discover a female pedestrian, age 22, who had suffered major injuries. She was transported to Queen of the Valley Medical Center for the treatment of her injuries and for additional evaluation. The driver stayed at the accident scene, providing assistance and cooperating with investigators into the crash.
Information Sought in Connection With Pedestrian Traffic Crash
The roadway remained shut down for more than four hours as an investigation was conducted by the Traffic Reconstruction Team. According to a Napa police sergeant, neither drugs nor alcohol appeared to be a factor in the traffic crash. Those with information about the accident are asked to phone (707) 257-9223 at ext. 5286 to speak to Officer Toscani or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pedestrian Accidents Along Rural Roads
Pedestrians being struck by motor vehicles can be caused by many different factors. Some of the most common causes of these accidents include:
- Poor Lighting: Dark roadways are dangerous for pedestrians because motorists may not spot them. Wearing reflective clothing and carrying a flashlight might help keep a walker safer.
- Speeding: Speeding is a common cause of a traffic crash with a pedestrian. A speeding motorist can’t react quickly enough to avoid hitting a pedestrian, and at higher speeds, more serious injuries may occur.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is dangerous to pedestrians. A driver who is chatting on their phone or texting travels a long distance in a few seconds, which can cause a serious traffic crash with a pedestrian.
- Fatigued driving: Motoring when too tired results in slowed reflexes or the motorist even falling asleep, which can result in hitting someone on foot.
- Alcohol or drug consumption: Driving while under the influence is not only illegal but dangerous. If someone causes a traffic crash with injuries while drunk or using drugs, they can face criminal charges.
- Badly maintained roadways: A roadway that is poorly maintained such as having potholes, cracked pavement or debris may cause a driver to lose control and strike a pedestrian. If the roadway causes a pedestrian injury, the government entity may be liable. The time limit for filing a claim against a government entity is six months, so an accident attorney can help ensure your paperwork is correct and filed on time.
Injuries Caused by a Pedestrian Traffic Crash
A pedestrian traffic crash can result in severe injuries such as traumatic brain injury, broken bones, internal bleeding or spinal cord trauma. Delayed symptoms are also common in an accident, so seeing a doctor right away is important, even if you think you are fine. If you were injured, you might be able to recover compensation, including for your medical expenses, lost wages and your pain and suffering. An experienced lawyer will fight for the maximum compensation available.
Napa Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Napa pedestrian accident lawyer. If you suffered a pedestrian injury caused by negligence, contact us for free and friendly advice at (707) 564-1900 or on our toll-free line at (800) 404-5400. You can also reach us online.
We are proud members of the following:
Find out how others were helped by our injury lawyers below:
:cd llo