Fleeing Driver Leaves Scene of Fatal Accident on Power Inn Road
Police in Sacramento reported that a pedestrian died on July 26 in a hit-and-run collision in the area of Elder Creek. The fatal accident occurred at the Power Inn Road intersection with Andora Way around 8:30 in the evening. Upon arrival, officers with the Sacramento Police Department found a seriously injured man.
Police Detectives Gathering Evidence to Locate Hit-and-Run Driver
Medical personnel who arrived at the scene pronounced the man dead. The vehicle that caused the pedestrian fatality fled the accident scene before the arrival of police. Detectives with the police department are investigating the collision, talking to witnesses, checking surveillance video in the area and gathering evidence in the case. The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office has recently identified the decedent as 56-year-old Daniel Saenz.
Far too many accidents these days involve drivers who flee the scene rather than face their responsibilities. The injury lawyers and staff at AutoAccident.com understand how hard it is to lose a loved one. To have someone cause the death and then leave the scene is an action that shows a lack of compassion and heart. For the family to grieve that death and be faced with the financial loss that comes with it is even worse.
Locating the Hit-and-Run Driver Who Took Your Loved One’s Life
Over the years, our investigators have successfully uncovered the identity of a number of hit-and-run drivers. We do everything possible in our search for evidence to locate that person, including:
- Our investigators immediately go to the scene of the accident to gather evidence.
- Identifying the vehicle that fled the scene is sometimes possible through the recovery of metal debris and paint chips since they are specific to certain makes and models.
- Investigators conduct interviews with witnesses. Witnesses may be able to provide information about the hit-and-run vehicle. Witnesses occasionally record a collision on their phones as they are happening.
- During an investigation, police accident reports need to be verified for accuracy.
- Accident reconstruction can provide insight into the crash’s cause. The evidence reveals how the collision occurred and often shows fault.
- An investigation includes examining traffic surveillance cameras that may have recorded the accident. Our investigators may be able to determine how the accident occurred and identify the vehicle responsible through that video footage.
Once the driver is located, they can be held responsible for what happened with the help of an accident attorney.
Accident Insurance Coverage
It’s possible to collect compensation from your own auto policy if you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. This coverage can be added to California auto insurance policies. If the injured party doesn’t carry their own add-on, they can use another family member’s. In the future, there will be no change in rates.
Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Sacramento wrongful death lawyer. A grieving family has the right to file a wrongful death claim when their loved one lost their life due to a negligent driver. You can phone us for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. We can schedule a free appointment with one of our injury lawyers virtually or in person where you can have the case reviewed and find out what options there are for your family to recover compensation. We can also be reached online.
We are honored to be members of:
We have helped numerous people over the years in Northern California in obtaining fair compensation, as you can see at the following links:
:cd llo ds