Accident at Dewey Drive Intersection Results in Major Injuries
A pedestrian injury accident happened in Carmichael on December 29 after the walker was struck by a car. The collision occurred around 5:54 p.m. at the intersection of Dewey Drive and Winding Way and involved a Nissan Murano. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that many vehicles pulled over to the side to offer assistance, and medics with the Sac Metro Fire arrived to assess the injuries the pedestrian incurred.
Patient Transported to MSJ After Suffering Major Injuries
The medics then transported the patient to Mercy San Juan Medical Center for additional care and evaluation for major injuries incurred in the crash. Authorities are conducting an investigation into the cause of the pedestrian injury accident. No information was provided on whether alcohol or drug consumption was a factor in the crash. The driver of the vehicle remained at the scene as the investigation was held.
Causes of a Pedestrian Injury Accident
Negligence by the driver of a motor vehicle is a common cause of a pedestrian injury accident at intersections and elsewhere. Some of the reasons these accidents occur include:
- The driver is speeding and runs through a red light or stop sign, which can cause a pedestrian injury accident to a walker who is legally crossing the street.
- A drunk driver ignores the surrounding traffic and ends up striking a pedestrian. Because a driver who is intoxicated has problems tracking with their eyes, cannot judge distances and exhibits slowed reflexes, they are a danger to everyone sharing the roadway.
- A distracted motorist is texting, talking on a cell phone or performing other activities that remove their focus from the roadway and surrounding traffic.
- A tailgater hits a vehicle stopped at the light of an intersection, pushing the lead car into the crosswalk, causing a pedestrian injury accident.
- The motorist makes a left turn at the arrow without checking for pedestrians legally crossing the street.
- A motorist is making a risky right turn with their vision obstructed by other vehicles to the left. Because the driver is busily concentrating on the traffic to the left, he/she doesn’t realize that a pedestrian has just stepped off the curb on the right.
Seeking Help From a Personal Injury Attorney
A pedestrian often suffers serious injuries in an accident and faces long hospitalization, possible surgeries, a recuperative period, and other expenses. In the meantime, they are unable to work and lose the wages that would normally have supported them. An injury lawyer can calculate your financial losses, including the recovery of damages for your pain and suffering.
The lawyer also conducts an investigation into the accident to prove the driver was at fault. This enables the individual who experienced trauma in the pedestrian injury accident to file a claim to recover the compensation they deserve. Among the areas where an investigation may be conducted are:
- The accident report is reviewed for errors because mistakes can affect a claim in a pedestrian injury accident.
- Surveillance cameras in the area are examined to see if the accident was caught on film.
- Witnesses are interviewed.
- Accident reconstruction is performed, which includes photographing the site.
Carmichael Personal Injury Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith, and I am a Carmichael personal injury lawyer. Pedestrian injuries are often severe and require hospitalization and a long recuperative period. If a negligent motorist caused your trauma, you are welcome to call us at (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice on whether you can file a claim for compensation. We can also be contacted at (800) 404-5400 or online.
The following links illustrate how we have helped others obtain fair compensation for their accident injuries:
We are members of:
:cd llo