Orangevale Major Motorcyclist Injury
Orangevale Major Motorcyclist Injury – An Orangevale major motorcyclist injury occurred after an intersection collision between a motor vehicle and motorcycle on September 13. It was reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) that the biker was taken to a hospital for evaluation and treatment after being attended to by paramedics at the scene. Investigators at the collision site will be working to determine what caused the accident and where to place fault. It is unknown whether drugs or alcohol played a part in the collision.
Details of the Orangevale Major Motorcyclist Injury Accident
The collision happened at about 7:45 in the morning at the Pershing Avenue and Hazel Avenue intersection when a pickup crashed with the motorcycle, leaving a debris field behind. According to the CHP, the motorcycle rider suffered significant injuries, which was determined by paramedics with the Sacramento Fire Department. The name of the rider and their condition at this time has not yet been released.
Trauma Suffered in an Orangevale Major Motorcyclist Injury
Because motorcyclists do not have the kind of protective shell surrounding them that motorists do, they have a much higher risk of serious motorcycle injuries or fatalities. When a motorcycle rider is injured through the negligent actions of another individual or entity, they may be able to place a claim for fair compensation for lost work, medical bills and pain and suffering associated with the accident. Although all accidents are different, an Orangevale major motorcyclist injury may include:
- Road rash: If a motorcycle goes down and skids or the rider is thrown, road rash can occur. Although this may sound like a minor wound, infection and skin damage can make it a significant motorcycle injury.
- Head and brain injuries: Although motorcyclists in California are required to wear helmets under California Vehicle Code Section 27803, they must be certified as U.S. Department of Transportation compliant. However, in serious accidents, even an approved helmet may not protect the wearer from a concussion or other brain injuries.
- Lower extremity trauma: Harm to the lower extremities are common and can cause serious fractures to the legs, knees, ankles or feet. Complex fractures can require surgery and an extended period of recuperation and rehabilitation in a major motorcycle injury.
- Trauma to the spine: Back and spine injuries can be caused by contact with the road or vehicle or flying debris upon impact. This can range from penetrating injuries to crushed vertebrae and cause partial or complete paralysis.
- Amputation injuries: Amputation injuries are among the worst type of wounds in an Orangevale major motorcyclist injury. Not only can amputated digits or limbs be disfiguring, causing psychological and physical problems, but they can also interfere with an individual’s ability to work.
- Upper extremity injuries: These types of injuries commonly involve shoulder injury and fractures are less frequent. However, brachial plexus injuries are often seen in a major motorcyclist injury. When they do occur, surgery and casting may be necessary, taking time away from work while the injury heals.
Orangevale Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an Orangevale motorcycle accident lawyer. When you or someone you love has suffered an Orangevale major motorcyclist injury, you need the help an experienced lawyer can provide. Please call me for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 in the Orangevale area. I can also be reached at (800) 404-5400 long-distance, or on my contact us page at my website, AutoAccident.com.
During my career as an injury lawyer for more than 36 years, I’ve helped Orangevale residents and other Northern Californians with obtaining fair compensation in different car accident types, brain injuries and cases of wrongful death.
I’m proud to be a member of the Million Dollar Forum. The members of this group, composed of top trial attorneys, have all demonstrated a settlement or verdict of more than $1 million for a client.
When you’re looking for an experienced lawyer to handle your case, learning about their law practice can be helpful. You are invited to look over our client reviews and comments as well as prior cases at the following sites:
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_119574084_l-2015
:cd llo [cs 691] cv