Bicycle Accident With Serious Injury Occurs at Greenback Lane Intersection
A bicycle accident involving a motor vehicle caused a major injury to the rider in Orangevale on March 29. The crash occurred at the intersection of Greenback Lane and Hazel Avenue around 11:31 a.m. The roadway was cleared just north of the shopping center quickly, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) incident report. No information was provided on the driver who collided with the rider. The CHP will determine the fault in the collision.
Driver Negligence That Can Cause an Intersection Bicycle Accident
Intersection bicycle crashes can be devastating, often resulting in serious physical and emotional trauma. In order to understand the causes of such collisions, it is important to understand the different types of driver negligence that can lead to a bicycle crash at an intersection. Common examples include:
- Distracted driving: Taking your eyes off the road for any reason, whether looking at a cell phone or engaging in conversation with other passengers in the vehicle, can have serious consequences.
- Speeding: If a driver is traveling above the posted speed limit, they may not be able to react quickly enough to avoid an intersection accident with a cyclist.
- Disregarding traffic signals: Running red lights, ignoring stop signs, and disregarding other traffic signals can result in an intersection bicycle collision.
- Disregarding right-of-way rules: When making a turn at an intersection, drivers must yield to cyclists and pedestrians who have the right of way. Ignoring this rule can lead to a collision.
- Impaired driving: Operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol greatly increases the risk of an intersection bicycle crash.
Personal Injury Compensation Following a Bicycle Collision
The consequences of a bicycle crash can be far-reaching and devastating. The physical, emotional, and financial hardships associated with such an event can have a tremendous impact on the life of the cyclist involved. If you have been injured in an accident, you may have the right to pursue compensation for any medical bills and other losses resulting from the incident. In these cases, having a knowledgeable and experienced personal injury lawyer is invaluable.
An Injury Lawyer Can Help You Obtain the Compensation You Deserve
A skilled attorney can guide you through the process of obtaining compensation for your losses. The lawyer will evaluate the evidence to determine who was at fault and whether any laws were violated in connection with the accident. They will work diligently to negotiate with the insurance companies to obtain the maximum amount of compensation for your case.
A personal injury lawsuit can also be filed in civil court to seek damages from those responsible for causing harm. These damages may include medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. A lawyer will evaluate the facts of your case and determine the best strategy to pursue the best conclusion for your case.
Orangevale Bicycle Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I’m an Orangevale bicycle accident lawyer. Injuries can result in pain, high medical expenses, and lost wages. Your losses might be covered by damages if a negligent driver caused them. If you need legal advice, contact our friendly and free injury lawyers at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. We are also available online. Let us review your case, explain your options for recovering damages, and answer your questions during your free consultation, which can be arranged in person or virtually.
Among the organizations we are proud to be a part of are:
Learn how our accident attorney team has assisted others below:
:cd llo