One Hospitalized After Modesto Rollover Accident
One person was hospitalized after a Modesto rollover accident on May 5, 2019. The incident occurred along McHenry Avenue in the vicinity of Lee Street. Two vehicles collided with one another, causing both of them to flip over. One of the cars overturned onto its side along the street while the other came to a rest upside down against a tree with its axle hanging off. A few Good Samaritans at the scene helped lift one of the cars to extricate an occupant who was trapped inside. The Modesto Police Department said one party was transported to the hospital via ambulance for treatment of unspecified injuries. Two others, including a child, suffered minor injuries in the car accident. An update regarding the conditions of those injured has not yet been released by authorities.
Common Reasons for a Modesto Rollover Accident
A vehicle can overturn for a wide array of reasons. Certain vehicles such as SUVs and light pickup trucks are susceptible for rollovers due to their high centers of gravities. Rollovers are often caused by “tripping” when a vehicle’s tire strikes a bump, curb, or uneven pavement. This disrupts the movement of the car, causing it to roll sideways or forward. Other reasons for a rollover have to do with:
- Auto Defects: Vehicle manufacturers are responsible for ensuring their cars meet all applicable federal regulations and safety standards. If a defective vehicle part or equipment causes a rollover, a collection of evidence must show that the defect caused the collision to recover compensation. Poor vehicle design such as insufficient roof crush resistance in a rollover may also be considered for financial recovery.
- Driver Error: If a rollover collision was caused by the fault of another driver, the injured person might be able to seek compensation from the negligent motorist for their injuries and damages. Some common forms of motorist error include distracted driving, driving under the influence, speeding, and reckless driving.
- Road Defects: Rollover crashes are sometimes caused by dangerous road conditions. These include potholes, insufficient warning signage, lack of guardrails, and other road hazards. When this happens, a claim may be filed against the government entity responsible for maintaining the road for damages incurred.
Compensation in a Modesto Rollover Collision Claim
Auto accidents do not only happen to those who drive recklessly, but they can also involve responsible and careful drivers too. When someone is injured in a collision due to the fault of another, he or she may file a claim for economic and noneconomic damages that result from the crash. These include:
- Medical Expenses: When a severe injury is suffered in a collision, the injured person will require extensive medical care and intervention to treat their condition. A personal injury claim will take into account the severity of the trauma and costs of reasonable and necessary medical care and treatment. This includes past medical expenses and those projected in the future.
- Pain and Suffering: This type of damage takes into account the mental anguish, emotional distress, and physical pain caused by a traffic accident. The quantification of this damage varies from case to case.
- Property Damage: An injured person may be able to seek reimbursement for the cost of replacing or repairing a damaged car. Any personal property that was lost or damaged in the crash may also be claimed for reimbursement.
- Wage Loss: An injured person may not be able to work after a car crash. The time a worker misses from work to recover from an injury or attend a medical appointment may be considered for financial recovery. The loss of future income an injured individual cannot earn due to a permanent disability may also be recovered.
To learn about the factors that may affect the value of a personal injury case, watch the below video.
Should I Get an Attorney After a Car Accident?
After a rollover accident, eyewitness statements and evidence will fade with time. Insurance companies will also begin to strategize a defense to undervalue a personal injury claim or deny it altogether. Having an experienced Modesto personal injury attorney at your side is critical. An attorney will review your claim, determine who is negligent for the crash, and explain the process of how to file a claim for damages.
Modesto Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Modesto personal injury lawyer. Recovering after a rollover accident can be difficult, especially when high wage loss and medical expenses are involved. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in an accident due to the fault of a negligent driver, you may be able to seek compensation to help pay for those expenses. Please call me at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 to receive my free, friendly case advice.
Look at our client ratings and reviews listed on:
I’m honored to belong to the Million Dollar Advocates, a group which recognizes top trial attorneys who have obtained $1 million or more for a prior client. The National Association of Distinguished Counsel is another organization I belong to which honors attorneys for their legal excellence.
On our Verdicts and Settlements page, you will find a list of some of the cases our law firm has handled and their outcomes.
Image :ab / One Hospitalized After Modesto Rollover Accident
:ds [cs 882] bw