Pedestrian Fatality Occurs in Roseville Road Train Collision
A North Highlands train collision with a pedestrian on February 7 resulted in a fatality to the individual on foot. The crash occurred around 1:23 p.m. along Roseville Road just west of Myrtle Avenue. Officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) arrived at the scene to discover the collision had involved a Union Pacific train. No additional information was provided. The accident is being investigated by police as well as authorities with the Federal Railroad Administration.
Negligent Actions by Railroad Companies That Can Cause a Pedestrian Fatality Accident
Railroad companies have a responsibility to ensure safe passage for pedestrians and vehicles on or near the tracks. If they fail to meet these safety standards, it can lead to a tragic train collision resulting in fatalities. Common negligent actions that can cause pedestrian fatalities include:
- Failing to properly monitor train speed: Train operators must adhere to posted speed limits when approaching crossings. If they fail to do so, it can result in a serious train collision with pedestrians and other vehicles.
- Failing to sound warning signals: All trains are required to sound their horns before entering a crossing. This notifies both pedestrians and drivers that the train is approaching, giving them time to get out of the way or stop.
- Failing to maintain crossings: Crossings must be kept in a safe condition at all times, including warning signs and proper lighting. If these safety features are not maintained, it can lead to a train collision with unsuspecting pedestrians.
- Failing to properly maintain the train: The parts of a train, both electrical and mechanical, must work in synchrony to operate effectively. If the train has not been properly maintained, it can lead to a serious accident.
- Failing to keep tracks clear: Railroad companies must make sure that vegetation and other objects are not obstructing the view of approaching trains. This ensures that drivers and pedestrians have ample warning of an oncoming train.
Negligent actions by railroad companies can cause devastating pedestrian fatalities if safety regulations are not followed. It is important for these companies to be held accountable so that these tragedies can be prevented in the future.
How a Train Accident Lawyer Can Help You Recover Injury Compensation
If you have been injured or a loved one has died in a train accident, you or the grieving family may be entitled to compensation. A train accident lawyer can help you understand your rights and assist you in filing a claim for financial damages. They will also represent you in court proceedings if necessary.
A train accident lawyer will assess your case and determine the best course of legal action for you to take. They can provide advice on how to handle insurance companies as well as represent you during negotiations with them. Your lawyer will be an invaluable resource as you seek justice and compensation for the injuries or losses you have suffered.
Sacramento Train Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento train accident lawyer. A personal injury claim can be filed when someone is injured or loses a family member in a train collision that is the fault of the railroad company or others. Our friendly and free advice is available at (916) 921-6400. Upon reviewing your case, we can answer your questions and explain your options for recovering compensation. If you have any questions, you can also contact us by phone at (800) 404-5400 or by completing our short, online form.
We consider it an honor to be a member of the following:
Below are links to pages that show how our injury lawyers have helped others:
Photo attribution: Image by Myriams-Fotos from Pixabay
:cd llo