North Highlands Intersection Crash Occurs Between Two Vehicles
An intersection crash involving two vehicles resulted in an injury on July 10 in North Highlands. The police report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) said that the accident happened between a Hyundai and another sedan around 7:43 in the morning at Watt Avenue and Roseville Road. The intersection remained blocked while an investigation was conducted to find out why it happened and for emergency responders to tend to the injured.
Causes of an Intersection Accident
More than half of all traffic collisions occur at intersections. Obviously, if everyone was cautious and obeyed traffic laws, those numbers would be much lower. Almost all intersection crashes are caused by negligence on the part of another driver or entity. Negligent drivers not only injure others in motor vehicles but also cause harm to pedestrians, motorcyclists and bicycle riders. Some of the reasons an intersection crash occurs are:
- Running a red light or stop sign is a major cause of an intersection crash. Since motorists are probably passing through an intersection legally at the time the driver runs the light, broadside collisions often occur.
- Distracted driving contributes to many accidents at intersections. A driver who is looking over at their GPS, changing a radio station, or texting a friend can end up causing a rear-end collision.
- Speeding is often a factor in many accidents, including intersection crashes. The driver traveling above the speed limit needs a longer distance to stop in an emergency and can lose control of their car, causing an intersection crash.
- Turning left even though the red arrow has come on can result in a head-on collision. Impatient motorists who don’t want to wait through the red arrow to get a chance to turn may risk this maneuver, even though traffic has started up from the opposite direction.
- Changing lanes while making a turn can result in an intersection crash. Some drivers find that they will end up in the wrong lane when they turn, so they try to switch over during the turn. This can result in a sideswipe accident.
- Turning right without a clear view of traffic often causes an accident. Again, an impatient driver may have their view to the left blocked by other vehicles and risk making a right turn without being able to see any oncoming traffic. This is often a cause of accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists since the driver is concentrating on other motor vehicles.
Car Accident Lawyer in North Highlands
I am Ed Smith, a car accident lawyer in North Highlands. An accident caused by a negligent driver can end up causing serious injuries, but the injured party may be able to claim compensation to pay for their financial losses and pain and suffering. If you are interested in obtaining free and friendly advice on whether you can place a claim, call us at (916) 921-6400. We can also be reached at (800) 404-5400 or by messaging us online.
Since 1982, my legal team and I have successfully obtained compensation for numerous North Highlands residents as well as other Northern Californians. We handle all types of traffic collisions, pedestrian and bicycle accidents, wrongful deaths, and other cases.
We’re honored to be members of:
Discover how we’ve helped others by clicking on the links that follow:
Image courtesy of Public Domain Pictures at Pixabay
:cd llo [cs 577]