Soscol Avenue Intersection Site of Fatality and Injury Accident
A fatality and injury accident occurred in Napa on April 7 when a vehicle struck a light pole. The collision occurred at the Soscol Avenue intersection with Lincoln Avenue around 2:30 a.m. A spokesperson for the Napa Police Department said the vehicle contained a driver and passenger and was speeding along northbound Soscol when it hit and severed a light pole.
Driver Suspected of Being Impaired in Crash With Light Pole
The road was partially shut down as a crew with PG&E and electrical workers with the city repaired the damage. Authorities said a Napa resident, age 36, was behind the wheel at the time of the crash and had reportedly been drinking. The vehicle’s passenger was seriously injured in the crash and hospitalized. The driver suffered moderate injuries and was also taken to a hospital for treatment. The investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Responsibility for Passenger Accidents
Injuries caused by single-vehicle crashes are determined by the negligence that caused them. Whenever the driver causes an accident, he or she is responsible. The passenger in an injury accident may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses and other financial losses if he or she is injured in the vehicle due to the negligence of the driver or another outside entity. Furthermore, they deserve compensation for their suffering.
Compensation After an Injury Accident
The following areas may be covered by compensation in a California injury accident:
- Medical expenses: Both current and future medical expenses related to the accident may include hospital bills, medication costs, rehab treatments, physical therapy, and any necessary continuing treatment.
- Wages: If your injuries from the accident prevented you from working and you suffered a financial loss as a result, you can pursue a claim for lost wages. You may be entitled to past wages that you would have earned if you hadn’t been injured as well as future wages that you might lose as a result of the injury.
- Earning capacity lost: You may seek compensation for losses in earning capacity if a physical injury has resulted in impairment or permanent disability. Disability or impairment-related income is calculated by determining how much income has been lost.
- In addition to physical pain and suffering caused by the injury accident, you can seek recovery for other injuries suffered as a result of the crash, such as mental anguish, permanent scarring, and disfigurement.
- Damages for punitive purposes: Punitive damages are meant to punish the defendant for gross negligence, such as drunk driving or intentional misconduct and deter future behavior of this type.
To discuss your options for recovering compensation if you have been injured in a California single-vehicle accident, seek legal advice as soon as possible. You may be able to recover damages in your situation by working with an accident attorney. You will also receive legal guidance in filing the claim and pursuing the maximum compensation.
Personal Injury Attorney in Napa
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a Napa personal injury lawyer. A vehicle passenger may seek compensation when the driver is negligent and causes an injury or fatality accident. If you believe you might be able to file a claim, one of our accident attorneys can offer you free and friendly legal advice at (707) 564-1900 or (800) 404-5400. Also available online is a contact form.
It is an honor for us to be a member of the following organizations:
Our injury lawyers have helped a number of accident victims recover compensation for their injuries, as shown in the following list:
Photo attribution: Image by Vladyslav Topyekha from Pixabay
:cd llo