J Street Off-Ramp Collision Involves RT Bus and Truck Pulling a Trailer
A multiple-vehicle crash in downtown Sacramento on January 6 sent one person to the hospital. The collision occurred around 5:18 p.m. along southbound I-5 on the J Street off-ramp. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that an RT bus and truck pulling a trailer were involved in the collision as well as a Kia.
One Person Injured in Three-Vehicle Downtown Accident
One individual involved in the collision was transported by Sacramento Fire Department medics to UC Davis Medical Center. Several tow trucks were called to the scene to remove the Kia, which had sustained major front-end damage, and the trailer the truck was towing because it had a broken axle. The multiple-vehicle crash is being investigated by the CHP to determine what happened to cause the collision.
Settling an Injury Accident Claim With the Insurance Company
Insurance companies don’t like to pay off claims. After all, they are in business to make money. This is why initial offers to settle a claim are often low, especially if injuries occur. That way, the insurance company not only pays a lower amount but the injured party can’t come back later and say it wasn’t enough to cover their expenses. Having an injury lawyer handle the claim for you, it helps ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Types of Negligence That May Lead to an Accident
There are multiple kinds of negligence that can cause an accident, and most types are caused for the following reasons:
- The driver was speeding and couldn’t stop in time to prevent a multiple-vehicle crash.
- The motorist was busy texting or talking on their cell phone and distracted.
- The driver was intoxicated or had been consuming illegal, prescription or over-the-counter drugs that interfere with their ability to handle a vehicle.
- The driver was too fatigued to be driving.
Determining Liability in a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
One of the characteristics of a multiple-vehicle crash is that a car can be struck several times, and more than one of the drivers involved may be negligent. This is where an injury attorney can help. Since evidence has to be gathered to support a client’s compensation claim, an investigation is conducted to determine fault and which driver/drivers were negligent. This includes:
- Our investigators go to the scene of the multiple-vehicle crash to gather the evidence before it has been covered over or has disappeared.
- They photograph the scene, especially marks on the vehicles and paint smears, which can indicate which vehicle/vehicles struck their car.
- The police report is reviewed to see what evidence of fault was found.
- Traffic cameras in the area are checked to see if the multiple-vehicle crash was captured as it occurred.
- Any witnesses to the multiple-vehicle crash are interviewed to understand how the collision happened and in what order one vehicle struck another.
- Accident reconstruction is performed, which shows the initial positioning of the vehicles, how the multiple-vehicle crash occurred and where they all ended up. This type of evidence is accepted both in civil court and by insurance companies.
Once the evidence has been gathered, our injury attorneys go to work to compile it into a strong case to support our client’s claim for compensation.
Sacramento Auto Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. A multiple-vehicle crash can cause severe trauma since a vehicle can be struck more than once. If you were injured by a driver who was negligent, you are welcome to phone us for our free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. You can reach us online also. We can review your case with no obligation on your part, tell you about options to recover compensation and answer your questions.
At the following links, you can find out how we have helped others get the compensation they deserve after being hurt in a traffic accident:
We are honored to belong to:
:cd llo