Multiple Vehicle Collision on Business 80
A multiple vehicle collision occurred on June 6 in the morning hours on southbound State Route 51 (Business 80) near the Marconi Avenue off-ramp. According to authorities with the California Highway Patrol (CHP), three vehicles were involved. When police arrived, a Honda Pilot was blocking a Nissan Altima and a gold Chevy in the center divide. One person was transported to the hospital for treatment and evaluation. Traffic was affected by the crash with the number one lane being blocked by a fire engine. A tow truck was needed to remove the Nissan from the scene. At this time, there is no indication that drugs or alcohol was involved in the multiple vehicle collision.
Rush Hour Traffic
More accidents happen during rush hour when traffic increases. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association, the majority of the crashes occur during evening rush hour. However, a considerable number happen in the morning as drivers go to work. There are reasons for this, such as:
- Aggressive behavior: Drivers are in a hurry to get to work after repeated traffic slow downs and accidents. On occasion, some drivers become agitated or frustrated and use unsafe maneuvers to speed up their journey such as passing inappropriately, cutting other drivers off or tailgating. This puts everyone in danger of an accident.
- Distracted driving: Being caught in a traffic jam can lead to boredom. Many drivers relieve their boredom by talking or texting on a cellphone or other distractions. Distracted driving is quickly becoming one of the major reasons crashes happen.
- Reckless driving: Some drivers fail to follow safe driving procedures and move from one lane to another. This can cause an accident with a passenger vehicle. If this occurs with a truck, it can end in an underride or override crash that often ends in a fatality. Speeding is another problem that can cause a multiple vehicle collision.
Safety Tips for Rush Hour Traffic
Following are some tips you can use when driving in rush hour traffic to avoid a multiple vehicle collision:
- Use different routes: Pay attention to traffic reports before you set out. Some routes may be quicker when traffic is light but take longer in the morning or evening rush hour.
- Leave early: By giving yourself extra time to arrive at your destination, it avoids anxiety when accidents or construction delays the trip. Even a few minutes can make a big difference. It also reduces your stress.
- Don’t feel singled out: Remember, most drivers are going through the same thing. It’s not personal, and taking it that way can only lead to more stress.
- Music helps: Listening to soothing music can make you feel more relaxed.
- Calm down: If the rush hour traffic is too overwhelming, and stress begins to build, think about something else. If that doesn’t do it for you, pull over and calm down.
- Maintain your vehicle: Brake, accelerator, tire problems, or defects can cause a multiple vehicle collision in heavy traffic. Check your fluid levels every week. If your vehicle is in good operating condition, the chance of an accident is reduced.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. When you are injured in a multiple vehicle collision, an experienced injury lawyer can help you get the compensation you need. Give me a call at (916) 921-6400 in the Sacramento area for free and friendly advice. Other Northern Californians can call free through (800) 404-5400. I can also be reached through our online contact form.
I am honored to belong to the following groups:
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel: Recognizes those lawyers who uphold the highest standards in their legal practice.
- Million Dollar Forum: Trial lawyers who have won more than $1 million for a client can become members of this group.
I’ve successfully obtained compensation for many accident injuries during my 37-year career. This includes such areas as wrongful deaths, all types of motor vehicle collisions and motorcycle accidents.
You can look over reviews and comments left by my former clients, along with cases my law firm has handled in the past at:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/highway-jam-traffic-pkw-autos-1761825/
:cd llo [cs 698]