I-80 Crash Caused by FedEx Truck Involves Multiple Vehicles
A multiple-vehicle collision happened along I-80 in Roseville on February 25 that caused a FedEx driver to be hospitalized. The accident occurred close to Douglas Boulevard when the truck driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a wall. Other vehicles then crashed into the FedEx truck, according to the police report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Driver Hospitalized Following Multiple-Vehicle Collision
The truck driver was transported to a hospital with unknown injuries. No additional injuries were reported. Traffic was shut down for hours while an investigation into the collision was conducted.
Accidents That Involve a Big Truck in a Multiple-Vehicle Collision
Big trucks can cause a lot of damage when involved in an accident with a passenger vehicle. This is because they are much larger and heavier. Sometimes, serious injuries can occur, which can result in hospitalization with resulting medical bills, the inability to work, and pain and suffering. If the truck driver or another motorist is at fault, the injured person can place a claim against their insurance company or in court to be compensated.
My law firm, with our team of experienced injury lawyers, has been successful many times in obtaining the compensation our clients deserve. This helps them avoid financial stress and allows them the ability to concentrate on recovering from their injury without worry.
Reasons for a Big Truck to Go Out of Control
Generally, negligence is the cause of a single big truck accident, which can lead to a multiple-vehicle collision. It may be caused by the following reasons:
- The driver is inexperienced at handling a big truck: This is a common reason to lose control of a large vehicle. Because of the demand for drivers and an ongoing shortage of qualified personnel, the company that employs the driver may end up with someone who doesn’t have the necessary experience.
- Speeding: Drivers who have to make deliveries often have a short timeline in which to get the work done. This can urge them to speed to make the deliveries on time, resulting in a multiple-vehicle collision.
- Distracted driving: Because a driver delivering goods or packages is on a timeline and may have multiple stops along the way, they can become distracted by looking at their delivery list without stopping to check. This can cause a multiple-vehicle collision by taking their eyes off the road.
- Fatigue: Drivers who are stressed about making their deliveries on time can easily become fatigued after many hours on the job. Unfortunately, excessive fatigue can cause a multiple-vehicle collision because the driver cannot concentrate well enough to keep up with a tight schedule.
- Lack of maintenance: When a truck is not in good condition, the trucker can experience a tire blowout, malfunctioning brakes, or other problems that can lead to a multiple-vehicle accident. In these cases, the company that employs the driver and owns the vehicle can be held responsible through a product liability lawsuit.
- Bad scheduling: Some companies try to get the most out of their drivers by overscheduling deliveries and providing too short an amount of time to accomplish their tasks. This can end up forcing the driver to take risks such as speeding, cutting in and out of traffic, and other behaviors that can lead to a collision.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith, and I am a Sacramento car accident lawyer. Serious injuries can happen in a car accident, and if someone else was at fault, you can place a claim for compensation. Reach me at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 if you would be interested in my free, friendly advice. An online form is available also if you prefer to message me.
My law firm has helped residents of Roseville, Sacramento, and surrounding Northern California get the compensation they deserve since 1982 in all varieties of traffic collisions, wrongful deaths, and traumas.
I belong to a number of associations but can’t be more proud than being a member of the ones that follow:
You can learn more about my law firm below:
Attributed photo: https://pixabay.com/photos/car-van-fedex-delivery-transport-438029/
:cd llo [cs 718]