Sunrise Boulevard Intersection Accident Injures One in Three-Vehicle Crash
A multiple-vehicle collision occurred in Fair Oaks on February 20, which resulted in at least one injury. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the accident happened around 4:36 in the afternoon at the intersection of Sunrise Boulevard and Wildridge Drive. The accident involved a Subaru, Honda Accord, and Toyota and blocked the number one lane.
Intersection Accident Investigated Following Multiple-Vehicle Collision
One party was reported by the Sacramento Fire Department first responders as having suffered whiplash in the crash and was taken to a nearby hospital for assessment and treatment. An investigation into the cause of the Fair Oaks multiple-vehicle collision to determine fault is being conducted by investigators with the CHP.
Obtaining Compensation Following a Multiple-Vehicle Collision
A multiple-vehicle collision often causes serious injuries because cars can be struck more than once. They often begin as a rear-end crash between two vehicles but can quickly turn into a pileup as more motorists become involved. Because airbags deploy quickly and then deflate, the passengers inside a vehicle have limited protection. This can lead to injuries such as:
- Cervical sprain or strain: Commonly called whiplash, this type of injury can heal in fewer than six months normally. However, some cases can drag on for a year or more, interfering with a patient’s ability to work and enjoy their life.
- Traumatic brain injury: One of the most serious traumas suffered in a multiple-vehicle collision, a TBI can range from a mild concussion to serious injuries that can lead to coma and death.
- Spinal cord damage: Another traumatic injury, temporary or permanent paralysis, can occur with a spinal cord injury. At its most severe, it can paralyze the patient from the neck down, requiring constant care.
- Abdominal injuries: Internal bleeding or organ damage can happen in a collision with multiple vehicles. These types of injuries often require emergency surgical repair or can be life-threatening.
- Broken bones: Simple fractures can heal in about six weeks. However, a serious fracture, multiple broken bones, or crush injuries can take much longer and require surgical repair.
Investigating a Multiple-Vehicle Collision
Conducting an investigation into a multiple-vehicle collision is necessary to obtain the evidence needed to support a client’s claim for compensation. Following are some of the steps taken by our investigators to collect that evidence:
- The investigators check for mistakes in the police report. A police report with errors in it does not benefit anyone.
- The witnesses to the multiple-vehicle collision are interviewed. In some cases, a witness may have recorded the accident on their cell phone. In addition, statements that corroborate how the accident occurred and who was at fault are helpful.
- Forensic reconstruction of the collision is performed. This type of accident reconstruction shows the positioning of each vehicle before, during, and after the accident. In addition, photos are taken of the roadway and damage to each vehicle, which is a part of the reconstruction techniques.
- Road, traffic, and business surveillance cameras are checked to see if the accident was caught on video. This strong evidence is used both in court and by insurance companies as proof.
- Government negligence is sought. In some cases, potholes, poor lighting, and other problems with the roadway can not only contribute to but cause an accident.
When the evidence is compiled, our injury attorneys combine it to construct a strong case that supports our client’s claim for compensation.
Fair Oaks Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. Being injured by a negligent driver is bad enough without having to pay for your medical expenses and lose time at work. Filing a claim for compensation is possible if a negligent motorist caused those injuries. Give me a call for my free, friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. You can reach me online also.
I’m a proud member of:
Since 1982, my law firm has helped many Fair Oaks residents get the compensation that they deserve for their accident injuries caused by traffic crashes, truck accidents, and government negligence, as well as wrongful deaths.
You can find helpful information about my law firm and how we have helped others below:
Attributed photo: https://pixabay.com/photos/car-accident-broken-glass-splatter-337764/
:cd llo [cs 735]