Injuries Reported in Fair Oaks Multiple-Vehicle Accident
An injury was reported in a harrowing multiple-vehicle accident at a Fair Oaks intersection on September 24. The accident included three vehicles, according to the report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), a postal truck, pickup, and a Fiat. The collision happened at the intersection of Sunrise Boulevard and Sunset Avenue around 10:44 a.m.
Southbound Sunrise Avenue Closed to Traffic Due to Accident
The report stated that an individual in the Fiat said their hand was bleeding, and emergency responders with Metro Fire were called to the scene to assess injuries. The number one and two southbound lanes of Sunrise Avenue were closed to traffic as the accident scene was investigated, all the vehicles towed, and the injured assessed.
Multiple-Vehicle Accident Being Investigated to Determine Fault
Whether any of those injured in the crash were transported to a hospital for additional treatment was not reported. The multiple-vehicle accident is under investigation to determine which driver/drivers were at fault.
Filing for Compensation Following a Multiple-Vehicle Accident
To file an injury claim for compensation after a multiple-vehicle accident, it must be shown which driver or drivers were at fault. This is part of an injury lawyer’s job and is done by investigating to determine liability. With the help of our investigators, we have successfully resolved many claims for injury compensation by doing the following, in part:
- The accident site is examined in-person to spot helpful evidence such as paint smears on the vehicles, dropped debris and to photograph the scene and cars involved.
- Accident reconstruction is carried out, which shows the positions of the vehicles before the multiple-vehicle accident, how they impacted and where they ended up. This type of evidence is used both by insurance companies and in civil court.
- The police report is checked for errors, and statements are taken from the witnesses.
- A determination is made on whether the drivers were distracted, impaired, speeding, or committing other actions that could have led to the multiple-vehicle accident.
- Area cameras are checked to see if the collision was captured on tape.
- Signs of government negligence are photographed, which could have led to the multiple-vehicle crash, such as potholes, misplaced or inadequate signage, and others.
How a Multiple-Vehicle Accident Occurs
A multiple-vehicle accident usually happens because a driver was negligent. Some of the most common types of negligence are:
- Distracted driving, such as talking on a cell phone, texting, or changing a radio station, can lead to a multiple-vehicle accident.
- Drunk driving is a common cause of all types of accidents.
- Speeding can lead to an accident because the driver can’t slow down in time to avoid a collision.
- Fatigued driving has been compared to being inebriated in its effects on the person behind the wheel of a car.
- Failure to yield often leads to accidents. On highways, a driver who refuses to allow another motorist to merge into their lane can end up causing a multiple-vehicle accident.
Compensation Following an Accident Injury
Filing a claim against a negligent driver can help a person injured in a crash obtain compensation to pay for their medical expenses, pain and suffering and for lost wages. My team of injury attorneys and I have successfully helped many Fair Oaks residents over the years. During your free, no-obligation consultation, you can find out if you can file a claim and what options are open for you to recover damages.
Fair Oaks Car Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Fair Oaks car accident lawyer. When you’ve been injured by a negligent motorist, you might be able to claim fair compensation to pay for your losses. You are welcome to call us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for our free and friendly advice. We can also be reached online.
It is an honor for us to be members of the following groups:
Added information about our law office and how we’ve assisted others is located at the links that follow:
:cd llo