Multiple Injured in Crash on Avenue 7
On the morning of Sunday, March 19, 2023, the California Highway Patrol reported a two-vehicle crash that left multiple parties injured on Avenue 7 in Madera County. The incident occurred at approximately 11:30 a.m. on Road 25 and Avenue 7.
Details on the Crash on Avenue 7 That Left Multiple Injured
According to CHP traffic officers, the incident was a head-on collision involving two vehicles described as a Toyota Camry and a Nissan. One of the vehicles allegedly veered off the road and as the driver of that car attempted to regain control, they collided head-on with the other motorist.
At least one party was pinned in from the head-on collision, according to authorities. There was one party in the Toyota and two individuals in the Nissan. Officials indicated that all parties were treated for serious injuries at area hospitals. Additional information was not immediately available.
What are the Common Reasons for Traffic Crashes?
A wide array of factors causes motor vehicle collisions in Madera County and throughout California. The unfortunate reality is that no matter how safe you are as a driver, you may still end up in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence. Common reasons for auto wrecks may include:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI): Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is unfortunately common in Madera County. A 2020 report by the California Office of Traffic Safety revealed that alcohol was involved in 124 Madera County crashes involving injury and fatality that year.
- Distracted Driving: Chatting with passengers, adjusting the stereo, using a cell phone, and other distractions may cause a driver to divert their attention and cause a roadway crash.
- Speeding: A common reason for motor vehicle wrecks in Madera County and across the nation is speeding. This is due to the decrease in response time and increase in the chances of a traffic collision.
- Unsafe Lane Changes: A leading cause of head-on collisions is unsafe lane changes. This occurs when a car enters the oncoming traffic lane and causes a head-on crash due to loss of vehicle control or a motorist overtaking slow-moving traffic.
For additional details on what steps must be taken after a motor vehicle wreck and how a California personal injury attorney can help you in recovering full compensation for your damages, contact our legal team from AutoAccident.com for a free consultation. Learn about our services by watching this video.
How is Fault Proven in a Car Accident Case?
An injured party looking to be reimbursed for losses must prove through clear evidence that another party was responsible for the incident. A skilled injury attorney can help with this by conducting an independent investigation to build a strong case for full financial recovery. Evidence in a head-on collision case may include the following:
- Traffic incident reports, video surveillance footage, and eyewitness accounts
- Photos of property damage to the involved vehicles, skid marks in the road, and roadway signage
- Official documents detailing that a motorist was impaired (e.g., police reports, hospital records, etc.)
A common defense used by negligent drivers is to shift the blame to injured parties. For this reason, it is essential to retain legal counsel to prevent liability from being unfairly shifted onto you. At our law office, our accident attorneys offer free case evaluations anytime. Contact us to get started and learn how we can help you with your case.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Madera
Getting in a motor vehicle collision may change your whole life. You may be left with traumatic injuries, dealing with emotional distress, and many unexpected expenses. The aftermath of a traffic collision is stressful enough, not to mention a personal injury claim and difficult insurers on top of that. Our Madera personal injury lawyers can help you with your case and help you seek maximum compensation for your damages. Call (559) 377-7676 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice on your car accident case.
Our legal team is available anytime for a free consultation to discuss your case in detail and answer your questions. Before calling, check out our ratings on Yelp, Avvo, and Google. We are proud members of the California chapters of the Top 1 Percent and Million Dollar Forum. Our law office is dedicated to excellent service and outstanding case results. See some of our previous case resolutions featured on our Settlements and Verdicts page.
Photograph Credit: Pexels User “Rodnae”
:ds llo [cs 757]