Multi-Vehicle Crash on San Mateo Bridge
A recent multi-vehicle crash prompted the closure of several lanes of the San Mateo Bridge. The incident occurred during the afternoon and involved as many as five cars, according to the California Highway Patrol. The accident took place on eastbound SR-92 in the vicinity of the toll plaza at around 3:30 p.m.
Details on the Multi-Vehicle Crash on San Mateo Bridge
A preliminary release revealed that a multi-vehicle crash on the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge snarled traffic in the area. The eastbound lanes of State Route 92 were shut down for approximately two to three hours as crews worked to clear the crash site. Minor injuries were reported, according to officials. Additional information on the incident has not yet been provided by CHP traffic officers.
What Evidence is Helpful in a Car Accident Claim?
Evidence and documentation may go a long way in building a successful personal injury claim for a traffic collision. There are many forms of evidence that may be gathered from the scene to help with a claim for damages. These include:
- Information on any parties involved, including the driver’s license number, insurance policy number, license plate number, and contact information for all the individuals or entities involved in the crash.
- Road signage may play a significant role in proving negligence in a car accident case. Any road safety signs, like reduced speed zone signs or stop signs, should be photographed and documented.
- Traffic and road conditions may sometimes contribute to a motor vehicle collision. It is essential to document the road conditions, particularly road debris, uneven surfaces, and large potholes.
- If there were eyewitnesses to the motor vehicle collision, it is a good idea to request their names and contact information. Their account of the incident may provide useful insight into the matter.
- Take note if the roadway collision took place within the vicinity of security cameras. Video surveillance footage may be acquired and used in a personal injury case to establish liability for the crash.
Evidence is crucial for establishing the other side’s negligence and proving the extent of economic and non-economic damages. A skilled accident attorney can assist with collecting and preserving evidence to establish your claim for compensation.
Should You Accept the First Settlement Offer?
While dealing with mounting bills for medical treatment and lost earnings from missing work, it may be tempting to accept a settlement offer from the insurer. However, you should think twice before accepting an initial settlement offer from the insurance company. Once a settlement offer is accepted, you cannot seek additional compensation for losses. Moreover, an initial settlement offer may be far less than what is needed to cover your losses, especially when serious injuries are involved.
An experienced California car accident attorney from our law firm can help you determine the full value of your personal injury claim. From there, our legal team will build the strongest case possible to seek the full financial recovery you deserve. You should not agree to a recorded statement or accept a settlement from the insurer without first consulting a lawyer. For additional information about our law office and our services, watch this video. Our injury lawyers proudly offer free consultations anytime.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Hayward
At AutoAccident.com, our experience, knowledge, and skills extend to different areas of California personal injury law. Reach out to our legal team for a free consultation if you need representation for a motor vehicle collision or another type of accident. Our priority is to obtain justice and full compensation on behalf of our clients. When you turn to us for assistance, we will stop at nothing to accomplish that. Learn more about us and our services by calling (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400 to receive free, friendly case advice from one of our knowledgeable and skilled Hayward personal injury lawyers.
For more information about our law office, visit the links below:
Our personal injury law firm is honored to be a part of various legal groups, including:
Image Credit: Pixabay “OpticalEssence”
:ds llo [cs 700]