Multi-Vehicle Accident on Claribel Road in Modesto
According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), a multi-vehicle accident on Claribel Road in Modesto resulted in injuries to at least one party on April 10, 2020. The car accident occurred shortly after 7:50 a.m. at Terminal Avenue and Claribel Road. At least one person was injured in the crash and was transported by American Medical Response via ambulance to a local hospital for treatment. Further details about the crash, including the conditions of those injured, were not immediately available.
How Are Personal Injury Settlements Calculated for a Car Accident?
When a person is injured in a car accident caused by the negligence of another driver, the injured party may file a personal injury claim with the other driver’s insurance company for damages incurred. If the at-fault party has little to no insurance, the injured person may resort to their uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM/UIM) on their policy. UM/UIM can help supplement or cover all damages not paid by the negligent driver and their insurer. Some of the economic and noneconomic losses available through these types of cases include:
- Medical Expenses: The cost of medical care related to the car accident and your injuries are used to calculate the value of a personal injury claim. You should continue receiving treatment until you have reached maximum medical improvement. Depending on the severity of the crash and your injuries, the cost of future medical treatment may also determine the value of your case, so long as you attend all doctor’s appointments and avoid gaps in treatment. Medical expert testimony is often necessary for such claims.
- Loss of Consortium: A claim for loss of consortium may be brought under some circumstances where a car accident injury causes damage to a marital relationship. The inability to conceive children as a result of a personal injury may also be considered for reimbursement.
- Lost Wages: When you have been hurt in a car wreck, you may be out of work for an extended period until you have recovered. In other cases, you may continue to miss some days at work to attend medical appointments. In either of these situations, you may be entitled to recovery of lost wages.
- Loss of Future Earning Potential: If you are unable to return to work due to an injury resulting in permanent disability, this may be factored into your claim for recovery of lost future earning potential. Your Modesto personal injury lawyer can retain an economist for your case to help calculate your loss of future earnings over the remainder of your working years. This will be based upon your age, health, education, skills, type of employment, and how your work performance would be impacted as a result of your injuries.
- Pain and Suffering: This type of damage is challenging to calculate as it is intangible in nature and varies in value from case to case. Generally speaking, damages for pain and suffering is generally intended to compensate for mental anguish and physical pain suffered as a result of the crash.
The value of a personal injury claim is generally calculated by combining economic and noneconomic damages. However, specific factors may affect the value of the case. To learn what these are, watch the video below.
How Long After an Auto Accident Should You File a Personal Injury Claim?
After a car accident, you have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury claim to seek compensation for your injuries and damages. This is known as the statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to bring a lawsuit against a negligent driver and their insurance company. Each state has specific laws when it comes to the statutory deadline. In California, you have two years from the date of your crash to file a claim. This is by the California Code of Civil Procedure Section 335.1. Once the deadline has passed, your case may be dismissed by the court, and you may lose your right to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages incurred.
Should You Get a Modesto Lawyer After a Claribel Road Multi-Vehicle Accident?
Insurance companies representing the at-fault party may attempt to avoid or delay paying your personal injury claim. This is their way of increasing their bottom line. When this happens, your injury lawyer can help overcome tactics used by insurance adjusters to recover the compensation to which you are entitled. At AutoAccident.com, we are here to help you after a car accident. We understand the importance of focusing on your medical treatment and getting your life back on track. This is why we can handle the legal complexities of your case, including specific filing criteria and deadlines, to ensure you do not miss out on the compensation that you are rightfully owed.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Modesto
I’m Ed Smith, a Modesto personal injury lawyer. No matter how minor or severe, car accidents can be traumatic experiences. The process of filing a claim, seeking medical treatment, making a full recovery, and returning to work can be challenging. An experienced accident lawyer can help simplify the personal injury claims process for you by taking the burden off your shoulders and allowing you to focus on what matters most, your life and your family. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured after a car accident in Modesto, I am here to help answer any questions you may have. Please give me a call anytime at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 to receive my free, friendly case advice.
At the following links, you may find ratings and reviews by our former clients and peers:
Our personal injury law firm has helped many injured people get back on track after a catastrophic car accident. We have the experience and resources to help you recover compensation for your injuries and damages. To see how we have resolved cases for past clients, go to our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Photograph Source: By “ElasticComputeFarm” via Pixabay
:ds llo [cs 1038]