Traffic Collision at Fair Oaks Intersection Causes Major Injury
A major injury to a motorcyclist occurred in Fair Oaks on July 11 after the rider was reportedly struck by a motor vehicle. The collision occurred at the intersection of Dewey Drive and Madison Avenue in front of the Safeway around 6:22 p.m. between the rider and the driver of a Nissan Rogue. According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) traffic report, the Nissan ended up in the turn lane, and the rider was on the right-hand side of the road.
The accident blocked all of the southbound lanes on Dewey Drive. First responders with the Sacramento Fire Department determined that the motorcyclist had suffered a major injury in the Fair Oaks accident and transported the rider to a nearby hospital. The roadway was closed for about an hour, while an investigation into the accident was conducted.
Intersection Accidents Can Cause a Major Injury
Intersections are among the most dangerous locations for travelers, accounting for 40 percent of all accidents. Pedestrians, bicycle riders, and motorcyclists are at particular risk because of their vulnerability when colliding with a 4,000-pound passenger vehicle. Most of these accidents are due to negligence by the driver of the passenger vehicle. The type of negligence includes:
- Distracted driving such as talking to passengers, texting or talking on a cell phone is a major cause of accidents.
- Running a red light or stop sign is a primary reason for an accident.
- Speeding often causes accidents because the driver has less control over the vehicle and cannot stop in time to prevent an accident.
- Making an illegal or careless turn without spotting oncoming traffic can result in a collision.
- Drunk driving is a major cause of accidents, including at intersections.
- Fatigued driving leads to accidents, especially in the afternoon hours or after dark, because the motorist isn’t alert enough to drive.
When someone has been injured in a collision that wasn’t their fault, an experienced personal injury lawyer in Fair Oaks can help them obtain the compensation they deserve. This can pay for all of their medical expenses, their lost wages from being unable to work, and for their pain and suffering.
Investigation of a Motorcycle Accident
Discovering the cause of a motorcycle accident major injury and collecting evidence is important to support a client’s claim for compensation. For this reason, our investigators go to the accident site as quickly as possible to gather evidence before traffic restarts, and it disappears or is covered over. Some of the areas in which they conduct an investigation include:
- The investigators interview witnesses to the major injury crash and inspect the police report for errors.
- They search for traffic and roadway surveillance cameras that could have captured the accident as it happened.
- The motorcycle is examined to see if a defect caused the crash, which means the manufacturer, distributor, and others could be held liable through a product liability lawsuit.
- The investigators examine the roadway, signs, lighting and other areas to determine if the government entity in charge had failed to maintain the area.
- Cameras along the roadway are sought that might have filmed the accident.
Our experienced lawyers use this information to construct a strong case for compensation for our clients to obtain the damages they deserve.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Fair Oaks
I’m Ed Smith, a Fair Oaks personal injury lawyer. If you were injured in a motorcycle crash by a negligent driver, call me if you would like my free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. I can also be contacted by completing the online form.
Since 1982, I’ve helped many residents of Fair Oaks who were injured by someone else’s negligence obtain the compensation they deserve for traffic collisions, traumas like brain injuries and wrongful deaths.
Photo Attribution: https://www.pexels.com/photo/ambulance-architecture-building-business-263402/
:cd llo [cs 695]