Sacramento Intersection Accident Injures Motorcyclist
A motorcycle accident occurred with a motor vehicle on May 17 in Sacramento, which injured the rider. The rider was taken by Sacramento Fire Department first responders to a hospital for treatment of his injuries. According to the Sacramento Police Department, the accident happened at around 4:35 p.m. in the Oak Knoll neighborhood at the intersection of Ford Road and Dorothy Hill Street.
Rider Suffers Injuries in Motorcycle Accident
The impact of the crash caused the motorcycle to exit the road into a grassy area, and the rider landed in the street. It was reported that the rider’s motorcycle helmet sustained heavy damage. The driver of the motor vehicle remained at the accident scene and was cooperative with investigators into the crash.
Intersection Accidents Involving Motorcycles
Intersections are areas where motorcycle accidents are common, as well as other types of collisions. Because traffic is congested and converges in these areas, it is easy for a negligent motorist to cause a motorcycle accident. However, when negligence is involved, the injured rider may place a claim for compensation for lost wages, medical bills and for the pain and suffering they endured. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help them obtain the compensation that they deserve. Some ways in which a motorist can be negligent and cause a motorcycle accident include:
- The driver ignores a stop sign or red light, causing a collision.
- A motorist turns in front of a motorcyclist, thinking the rider will cede the right of way.
- A driver makes an unsafe left or right turn when the view is obstructed, often in the path of a motorcycle rider.
- The driver that is speeding causes a rear-end collision by striking the motorcyclist.
- A driver is distracted because he or she is texting or talking with passengers and does not see the rider in time to stop a collision.
Investigation of a Personal Injury
The collection of evidence following a motorcycle accident is important in upholding a client’s claim for personal injury damages. Over the years, my law firm has been highly successful in this area because we leave no stone unturned to build a strong case for compensation following a motorcycle crash caused by another’s negligence. Our investigators head to the accident site as soon as possible to begin. Some of the areas they investigate include:
- Looking over the police report for mistakes and talking to the witnesses
- Checking for traffic surveillance and business cameras that may have taped the accident
- Investigating to see if a defective part or recall led to the motorcycle accident
- Seeking evidence of government neglect if potholes, overhanging limbs or other signs of lack of maintenance caused the motorcycle accident
- Looking for signs of driver error such as speeding, running a red light or distracted or drunk driving that led to the crash
When the evidence is gathered, our lawyers use it to build a case that shows our client should receive financial compensation for his or her injuries. It is used when negotiating with the insurance company or in preparing a court case.
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. A motorcycle accident often leaves the rider with severe injuries, which can result in high medical bills and other losses. If you would like my free and friendly advice about your case, call me at (916) 921-6400 in the Sacramento area. I can also be reached at (800) 404-5400 or through filling out the online form.
Read client reviews and look over cases my firm has handled at:
Photo Attribution: https://www.pexels.com/photo/ambulance-architecture-building-business-263402/
:cd llo [cs 648]