Accident Involving Four Vehicles on S.R. 99 Causes Minor Injury
A minor injury was reported in a multiple-vehicle collision in South Sacramento on November 27. The accident involved four vehicles, including a Chevy Silverado pickup, Mercedes, and a Honda Civic. According to the traffic report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the incident occurred along northbound State Route 99 just north of the eastbound Florin Road on-ramp at around 8:35 a.m.
Traffic Stalled for About an Hour While Multiple-Vehicle Collision Is Cleared
Although the pickup ended up on the right-hand side of the road, the other vehicles were left blocking traffic. The accident was cleared about an hour later, which permitted traffic to once again move. A minor injury was reported in the multiple-vehicle collision. The CHP is conducting an investigation into the cause of the crash.
Liability in a Multiple-Vehicle Collision
Those who are injured in a traffic accident caused by another driver’s negligence may wish to place a compensation claim to recover damages. In cases that involve multiple vehicles, more than one driver may be at fault, and an injury attorney can determine which motorists were negligent. For example, the following are causes of an accident:
- Broken taillight
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Aggressive driving
Minor Injuries Aren’t Always Insignificant
Because the human body is flooded with adrenaline when a traffic accident occurs, it can mask more serious symptoms that appear later. These can include:
- Headaches: Having a headache after a minor injury accident is fairly common. However, if that headache increases in severity instead of going away, it might indicate the person has suffered a concussion, a problem with their neck or another traumatic brain injury. Anytime someone hits their head in a traffic accident, seeing a doctor to ensure it isn’t anything serious is important.
- Pain in the back: Back strain isn’t unusual in a traffic accident and is often a minor injury. However, pain and discomfort that increase with time can make it difficult to work, walk or even move with comfort and can affect the ability to sleep. Serious injuries to the back that increase with time and affect a person’s normal life include cervical strain, a spinal injury, or herniated disc, which requires medical treatment.
- Abdominal trauma: Pain in the abdomen can indicate a serious injury and usually includes bruising that becomes severe, pain, and even fainting. Because abdominal trauma can be life-threatening, getting it checked out by a medical professional is necessary. In some cases, damage to an organ or internal bleeding can mean emergency surgery.
- Stiffness and pain in the neck: Cervical sprain or strain is commonly thought of as a minor injury following a traffic accident. Most cases clear up in a few weeks, however, other “whiplash” injuries can continue for many months, limiting the individual’s ability to cope. Some symptoms are swelling, numbness, pain, blurred vision, and limited range of motion.
- Numbness and tingling in the extremities: This can seem like a minor injury when it may also indicate a pinched nerve or sign of cervical strain or sprain.
- Psychological or emotional problems: Following a collision, even a minor injury accident, the individual may suffer memory problems, trouble with vision or hearing, depression, sleeplessness, and other symptoms. These may indicate post-traumatic stress disorder, which is surprisingly common following a traffic accident.
Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, and I’m a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. Accident injuries can end up with high medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact our legal team for our free and friendly advice about whether you can place a compensation claim at (916) 921-6400. We can also be reached either at (800) 404-5400 or by sending an online message.
We’re proud members of:
Helpful information about our law firm can be found at the following:
:cd llo