Sunset Boulevard Intersection Accident Causes Minor Injuries
A Rocklin intersection accident involving two vehicles caused minor injuries recently. The collision occurred at the west Sunset Boulevard intersection with the Sunset Boulevard off-ramp around 11:19 a.m. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) report stated that it involved an SUV and a van, blocking the intersection.
One Person Hospitalized After Intersection Accident
Both the westbound lanes of Sunset Boulevard and the southbound off-ramp were blocked. One person was transported to Sutter Roseville Medical Center for pain in their stomach. An investigation was conducted by the CHP to determine fault and how the collision occurred.
What Contributes to Intersection Accidents?
An accident at an intersection can occur due to a number of factors. Firstly, crossroads usually have a lot of traffic, since many vehicles congregate in a small area. Driving can be difficult when this occurs because drivers are unable to see what is happening around them and react accordingly.
Secondly, unfamiliar drivers may have difficulty navigating intersections. The result may be mistakes like turning into oncoming traffic or not yielding to oncoming vehicles. Other causes usually include some type of driver negligence, such as the following:
- Speeding is a common cause of accidents at intersections when drivers are trying to beat a red light or a quick turn.
- Distracted driving includes anything that takes the motorist’s focus off the task at hand such as chatting on a cell phone, texting, monitoring GPS or leaning over to change the radio station.
- Drunk and drugged driving commonly causes an intersection accident. This is because impaired motorists cannot judge distances, have poor reflexes and even their vision might be affected.
- Tailgating is a common problem at intersections. A tailgating driver doesn’t have the time to stop before rear-ending another vehicle at an intersection if the light changes suddenly.
- Making risky turns: Turning left when the light just changed to red or making a right without a clear view of oncoming traffic can easily lead to an accident.
Finding an Attorney To Handle Your Multiple-Vehicle Collision Claim
Depending on the circumstances, if you or someone you love has been involved in a traffic collision and suffered severe injuries, you might be able to get compensation. Our accident attorneys can help you learn about your legal rights and options and fight for the maximum compensation possible from all parties responsible. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Injury Accident Compensation
Compensation in an injury accident includes:
- Medical costs: If you have been injured in an intersection collision, you may be able to get compensation for past and any future medical expenses, including hospitalization, surgery, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages: If you have been injured in an intersection collision and are unable to work, you should be able to recover compensation for your lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: You may be able to recover compensation for the physical pain and emotional suffering that you have experienced as a result of your injuries.
Rocklin Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Rocklin personal injury lawyer. When you’ve been injured in a traffic accident, we can offer you compassionate, free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400. You can also contact us at (800) 404-5400. An accident attorney at our firm can review your case, answer your questions and explain your legal options to you in person or virtually at no charge. Connect with us online if it is easier for you.
Here are some examples of how our injury lawyers have helped clients recover fair compensation:
:cd llo  bw