Multiple-Vehicle Crash on E Street Bridge Causes Major Injury
A major injury multiple-vehicle crash occurred in Marysville on April 7. The accident involved four vehicles on the northbound E Street Bridge between North Beale Road and F Street around 1:00 p.m. Traffic came to a complete standstill.
Roadway Closed for More Than an Hour While Scene Is Cleared
A SigAlert was issued, and the time to clear the accident scene was estimated to be around 2:15 p.m. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) said tow trucks were called but had trouble getting there due to the traffic. At least one major injury was reported in the multiple-vehicle crash. An investigation by the CHP will determine which driver/drivers were at fault and how the accident occurred.
How a Lawyer Determines Negligence in a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
Determining negligence in a multiple-vehicle accident can be a complicated process that requires a thorough investigation of the accident. When a lawyer is working on a multiple-vehicle crash case, they will typically consider several factors to determine which driver(s) may be responsible for the accident. Here are some of the key factors that a lawyer may consider when determining negligence in a multiple-vehicle collision:
- Police reports: The lawyer will review the police report to get an initial understanding of how the accident occurred and which vehicles were involved. The report may include witness statements, photos of the scene and a preliminary assessment of fault.
- Eyewitness testimony: The lawyer may also interview eyewitnesses to the accident to gather additional information about how the crash occurred. This information can help to establish who may have been at fault.
- Accident reconstruction: In some cases, the lawyer may work with an accident reconstruction specialist to recreate the accident and determine how it occurred. This can involve using computer simulations, physical models or other tools to reconstruct the scene of the crash.
- Expert testimony: The lawyer may also consult with medical or engineering experts or other professionals to gather additional information about the accident and the injuries sustained by the parties involved.
- Traffic laws: The lawyer will review the traffic laws that apply to the accident to determine if any drivers violated rules such as speeding or distracted driving that may have contributed to the crash.
- Driver behavior: The lawyer will also consider the behavior of each driver involved in the accident to determine if any drivers were negligent or reckless in their actions, such as having road rage or committing aggressive driving.
Once the lawyer has gathered all of this information, they will analyze it to determine which driver(s) may be responsible for the accident. In some cases, it may be determined that multiple drivers contributed to the accident, and liability may be apportioned accordingly. Ultimately, the goal is to determine who was responsible for the accident so that the injured parties can seek compensation for their injuries and damages.
Marysville Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith. I’m a Marysville personal injury lawyer. You can contact our experienced lawyers if you have questions about filing a personal injury claim. We can be reached at (530) 392-9400 for friendly and free advice. In addition, you may reach us by phone at (800) 404-5400 or through our online contact form.
As members of the following groups, our accident attorneys are committed to ensuring that our clients receive maximum compensation:
Our injury lawyers have achieved the following results for our clients, along with some of the cases we have handled:
:cd llo