West Side Freeway Multiple-Vehicle Crash Causes Major Injury
A multiple-vehicle crash along the West Side Freeway in Sacramento caused a major injury on April 8. The accident was reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) along northbound I-5 one mile south of the Sutterville off-ramp around 10:09 a.m. The slow lane was blocked by the five-vehicle collision with a Bronco facing in the wrong direction.
Party Extricated From One Vehicle
One sedan overturned and was leaking fuel. In addition, one party was trapped in their vehicle and had to be extricated. Sacramento Fire Department emergency responders transported at least one person to a hospital with a major injury. An investigation into the cause of the accident and assigning fault is being conducted by the CHP.
The Benefits of Retaining a Lawyer in Multiple-Vehicle Accidents
In multiple-vehicle accidents, some cars or trucks may be hit more than once. Approximately 95 percent of traffic collisions are caused by negligence, so the driver who hit your car may be held liable by filing a personal injury claim. For this reason, it is vital for you to seek the assistance of an injury lawyer.
Immediately after the multiple-vehicle crash, our investigators proceed to gather evidence that supports your injury claim. Investigated areas include:
- In the case of a multiple-vehicle crash, the police report is reviewed for errors. A client’s ability to sue for damages can be adversely affected by errors in the police report.
- Photographs are taken of the scene of the accident, which includes vehicles, their locations and any damage, such as dent marks, paint smudges, etc. Evidence such as this can be used to determine what vehicles hit yours.
- During the process, any witnesses to the accident are questioned. Perhaps one or more people filmed the accident as it happened and know how the vehicles collided and in what order.
- It is necessary to perform a forensic reconstruction of the accident. This enables investigators to demonstrate how the multiple-vehicle accident occurred and where the cars ended up, as well as their initial positions. Civil courts and insurance companies accept this type of evidence.
We build a compelling case for compensation for our clients based on the evidence gathered by our injury lawyers.
Traffic Accident Damages
If an injured party files for compensation, they will not have to worry about financially covering their losses. You may be able to recover compensation in the following areas:
- All medical expenses related to the multiple-vehicle crash can be recouped, including ambulance and hospitalization expenses as well as rehabilitative care. Compensation for future treatment is factored into the settlement if the injury has not been resolved.
- A person can recover lost wages, pension/insurance benefits, bonuses, and other benefits due to the inability to work. Should the injured person be unable to return to work due to disability or has to take a job that pays less, that is factored into the settlement.
- In addition to monetary compensation, emotional and psychological trauma can also be recovered for an injured party. The symptoms of anxiety, nightmares, and other psychological disorders can negatively impact marriages and other personal relationships.
Sacramento CA Car Accident Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, and I’m a California car accident lawyer. Getting compensation for your injuries after a multiple-vehicle collision may be possible with the help of an injury lawyer. Our accident attorneys are happy to provide free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400. Please feel free to contact us by phone at (800) 404-5400 or online by sending a message.
We are honored and privileged to be members of the following groups:
Here are some examples of how our injury lawyers have helped others:
Photo attribution: Image by arodsje from Pixabay
:cd llo