Two Vehicle Major Injury Crash Reported Near Truxel Road
A major injury crash occurred in Sacramento on October 27 when two vehicles collided. The accident occurred around 4:51 p.m. along eastbound I-80 just east of the northbound Truxel Road on-ramp. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the collision involved a Dodge Ram pickup and an SUV and that both vehicles ended up in the center divider, blocking the number one and two lanes.
Accident Under Investigation to Determine the Cause
First responders with the Sacramento Fire Department arrived and assessed injuries. They determined that at least one person involved in the collision suffered a major injury. The patient was transported to a hospital for further treatment and evaluation. The CHP is investigating the crash to determine what happened to cause it and to assign fault.
Causes of Highway Traffic Accidents Near Exit Ramps
There are many reasons a major injury crash can occur near a highway exit ramp. Most accidents of this type have some sort of negligence involved. When this happens, the injured party may be able to place a claim against the at-fault person or entity to recover compensation. Types of negligence include:
- Poorly designed exit ramps can cause traffic collisions near them. If the pavement on an exit ramp is in poor condition, it can also lead to accidents. If there is not enough lighting near an exit ramp, it can make it more difficult for drivers to see and avoid potential hazards. In accidents that involve poor highway design or maintenance, the government entity in charge may be held liable for a major injury crash. The time to file a claim against a government entity is only six months, so getting help from an accident attorney may be advisable.
- Drivers who are unfamiliar with the area around an exit ramp may be more likely to have an accident.
- Drivers who are in a hurry to exit the highway are also at greater risk of having an accident due to speeding or making a risky move into an adjacent lane.
- Distracted driving is a leading cause of crashes on all types of roads, including highways and exit ramps.
- Drunk or drivers using drugs lead to many incidents because they cannot judge their distance from other vehicles, weave in the lanes and show poor judgment.
- Reckless driving encompasses a number of areas, such as speeding, tailgating, and others. This disregard for others sharing the roadways often leads to a major injury crash.
Seeking Help From an Injury Lawyer
When you’ve suffered an injury in an accident caused by another person or entity, you have the right to claim compensation to cover your medical costs and other losses. An accident attorney can help you by collecting evidence that supports your claim, gathering documentation to support your losses and calculating what you may receive in pain and suffering as well as negotiating on your behalf with the insurance company. Because an injury lawyer works on a contingency basis, you owe nothing unless your case is won.
Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
I’m Ed Smith. I’m a Sacramento accident attorneys. In the event that you have been injured as a result of the negligence of another driver, you might be able to receive compensation. We can provide you with free and friendly advice on whether you are eligible to file a claim at (916) 9210-6400. You can also reach us by calling us at (800) 404-5400 or by using our online contact form.
As members of these organizations, we are honored:
Follow the links below to learn more about how our injury lawyers have helped others:
:cd llo