Madison Avenue Intersection Accident Involves Semi and Three Other Vehicles
A major injury accident involving a rollover of one of the cars occurred in Citrus Heights on July 12. The accident was caused by a collision between two passenger vehicles and two trucks, one of them a semi. The police report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) stated that the accident occurred at the intersection of Madison and San Juan avenues around 7:32 in the morning. The passenger vehicles involved were a Genesis SUV and a Hyundai.
Intersection Shut Down While Investigation Was Conducted
The entire intersection was shut down by the CHP, officers with the Citrus Heights Police Department and fire department personnel, and one individual involved in the collision took off on foot. That party was found at Mercy San Juan Medical Center. It is uncertain at this time whether the operator of that vehicle was driving it legally, and police were being sent to the address listed to check.
One Patient Hospitalized Following Major Injury Accident
One party involved in the crash reportedly suffered a serious injury and was hospitalized. The accident is being investigated to determine how it occurred.
Dangers of Rollover Accidents
Rollovers are fairly common, and SUVs, vans, and light pickup trucks are more likely to turn over than other types of vehicles due to their higher center of gravity. However, because seat belts may give way and airbags might deflate during a rollover, it means that more serious injuries can occur as the passengers inside the vehicle are tossed around. Some of the most common causes of a major injury accident involving a rollover are:
- Defective tires: A defective tire that experiences a blowout can lead to a major injury accident because of a rollover. An auto product liability claim to cover the accident injuries can be placed against the manufacturer when this occurs. Retaining the vehicle so it can be checked for defects is important.
- Lack of roadway maintenance: Poor road construction and maintenance are preventable hazards. When a major injury accident is caused by road problems, the government entity in charge of design and maintenance can be liable for damages.
- Multiple-vehicle collisions: When any vehicle is struck at just the right angle, it can experience a rollover.
- Speeding: A driver who is speeding and strikes another vehicle broadside can cause a major injury accident.
- Distracted driving: A driver who is busy texting, changing a radio station, or performing another activity instead of concentrating on surrounding traffic can cause an accident resulting in serious injuries.
- Drunk driving: A driver who has been drinking or using drugs is unsafe on the roadway. These drivers cause many serious accidents each year.
Building a Case to Support a Major Injury Accident Claim
Our investigators collect the evidence needed to support a client’s claim for compensation when they’ve been injured by a negligent driver or other entity. Once they are finished, our injury attorneys use that evidence to construct a strong case that benefits our client’s claim. Areas of investigation include:
- Examining the police report for mistakes
- Interviewing witnesses
- Looking at footage from nearby businesses and traffic surveillance cameras to see if the collision was captured on tape
- Performing accident reconstruction
- Checking the backgrounds of the other involved drivers for previous accidents and traffic infractions
Citrus Heights Car Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Citrus Heights car accident lawyer. Call me if you would like my free and friendly advice about whether you can file a personal injury claim against the individual or entity that caused your injury. You can reach me at (916) 921-6400. I can also be contacted at (800) 404-5400 or by sending me a message online.
Since 1982, my law office has successfully helped many people in Citrus Heights to get the compensation they deserve in cases involving all kinds of traffic collisions, government and product liability claims, and wrongful deaths.
Additional information about my law office can be found below:
We’re honored to belong to the groups that follow, as well as others:
Image courtesy of valtercirillo at Pixabay
:cd llo [cs 696]