State Route 191 Two-Vehicle Accident Results in Major Trauma
A two-vehicle accident southeast of Chico occurred on September 8 that resulted in major injuries. The crash between a Toyota Tacoma and Jeep occurred at the State Route 191 intersection with Durham Pentz Road around 4:30 p.m. Debris from the accident as well as a fuel spill were reported, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Investigation Underway to Determine Cause of Two-Vehicle Accident
The Jeep was found on its side just north of the roundabout, while the pickup exhibited major front-end damage. Medics with the Butte County Fire Department arrived to assess injuries and transported at least one person to the hospital. A CHP traffic accident investigation is underway to find out which driver was at fault for the collision and how it happened.
Reasons Why You May Want to File a Personal Injury Claim
Being injured in a two-vehicle accident can turn your world upside down, especially if it was caused by a negligent driver. The main reasons an injured person wants to recover compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim include:
- Medical bills are mounting: Those who suffer injuries in a collision often end up being hospitalized, sometimes for long periods if their trauma is severe. By filing a personal injury claim, they can recover all of those medical expenses, even out of pocket costs for trips to the doctor or for therapy afterward.
- You’re too injured to work: Being out of work because of an injury usually results in mounting debts that you have trouble paying. However, by filing a personal injury claim you can recover those wages you have lost and be compensated for the insurance and pension benefits. You can even file a claim for lost wages if you’re self-employed by using tax returns and receipts for payments.
- You can no longer perform your job: Sometimes, an injured person has a severe injury that will not allow them to return to their previous position. If they have to take a cut in pay because they are given a different position, the difference is recoverable.
- You’ve become permanently disabled: If permanent disability occurs, the injured person can recover compensation until they would have reached normal retirement age, including their benefits.
- You deserve compensation for your pain and suffering: You can recover compensation for your physical pain. However, many times, people injured in a two-vehicle accident also suffer psychological and emotional pain from severe anxiety to depression and the inability to live their lives without the fear that an accident may happen again. Compensation can be awarded for these non-economic damages as well.
- Punitive damages are awarded in a few cases: If the at-fault driver who caused your trauma exhibited egregious negligence or crashed into you intentionally, you may be able to ask that punitive damages be awarded. Punitive damages are in addition to your other compensation.
If you are searching for an attorney for personal injury advice, here are some tips lawyer Ed Smith recommends:
Personal Injury Lawyer in Chico
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a personal injury lawyer in Chico. Call us at (530) 392-9400 for free, friendly advice if you have been injured in a negligence-related accident. We can also be reached online or by calling (800) 404-5400. You can speak with one of our accident attorneys virtually or in person if you are interested in recovering compensation for your losses.
We are humbled and proud to be recognized for our hard work on behalf of injured individuals. We have been included as members of Million Dollar Advocates and remain within the Top 1 Percent of attorneys handling personal injury claims nationwide.
Our goal is always to help those who have been hurt in accidents receive the compensation they deserve. We have successfully achieved significant Settlements and Verdicts for our clients, in addition to earning top ratings on Yelp and Google.
:cd llo [cs 679]