Accident on Highway 12 Requires Extrication by Fairfield Firefighters
A major accident occurred in Fairfield on August 13, requiring that firefighters extricate some of the people from their vehicles. The collision occurred between two vehicles sometime before 8:30 p.m. at the intersection of Highway 12 and Pennsylvania Avenue, shutting the roadway down in both directions. Crews with the Fairfield Fire Department arrived at the scene to discover that some people were trapped inside their vehicles, including a blue sedan that had the driver’s side panel crushed in.
Information Not Provided on Injuries in the Major Accident
Firefighters successfully performed extrications for those who were trapped inside their vehicles. Information was not provided on whether anyone was seriously injured and transported to a hospital. The accident is being investigated to determine its cause.
Negligent Drivers Cause Many Injury Accidents
Highway 12 and Pennsylvania Avenue is an intersection with a clear view in all directions and traffic lights meant to make the area safer. However, that doesn’t mean that every motorist obeys traffic laws, which often results in a major accident with resulting injuries. These accidents are often caused by the following:
- A speeding driver goes through a red light at the intersection without regard for other motorists. This is a common cause of a major accident. This form of reckless driving is common, especially in areas where there may be less police presence.
- Red light runners are a major cause of accidents at intersections. This type of reckless behavior occurs because they are inattentive or distracted.
- Texting and talking on a cell phone are major types of distractions. Others include checking GPS, changing a radio station, eating and drinking while driving, and others.
- Fatigue can lead to a major accident, especially during bright, sunny afternoons and after dark. A fatigued driver often doesn’t realize how tired they are until they nod off behind the wheel or cause a serious collision.
How an Injury Lawyer Determines Liability in a Major Accident
Part of an injury lawyer’s job is to determine liability in an auto accident. By doing so, it helps the injured client support their claim to recover compensation. Among the areas of investigation conducted to gather this supporting evidence are:
- The accident site is examined for evidence, including lack of roadway maintenance that could have caused or contributed to the major accident. If it is found, the government entity in charge could be held financially liable. Since the statute of limitations in California for filing a claim against a government entity is six months, using an accident attorney to take care of it for you is a good idea.
- The police report is examined for mistakes, and witnesses to the accident are interviewed.
- Accident reconstruction is performed, which can show how the major accident occurred and point toward fault.
- Area surveillance cameras are examined to see if the collision was captured on film.
Fairfield Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Fairfield car accident lawyer. Injuries in an intersection crash can be severe and leave you with medical bills, the inability to work, and pain and suffering that wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for a negligent driver. Call us at (707) 564-1900 if you would like free and friendly advice from an injury lawyer on whether you can file a claim to recover compensation. You can also contact us online or at (800) 404-5400.
Discover how our injury lawyers assisted clients by using the following links:
We’re members of:
:cd  jw