Lodi Major Injury Truck Accident
I’m Ed Smith, a Lodi personal injury lawyer. Authorities reported that a collision involving a semi-truck and a motor vehicle occurred west of Lodi on Friday, March 30, 2018. The accident caused two parties to suffer traumatic injuries.
We send our healing thoughts to the injured parties involved in this accident for a speedy and full recovery.
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that an accident involving a big rig and a Chevrolet Malibu took place along Woodbridge Road in between Interstate 5 and Ray Road at approximately 7:06 am. The impact of the collision allegedly caused the Chevrolet to leak fuel throughout the roadway while the big rig overturned. Responding officials shut down Woodbridge Road for hours to gather information and investigate the scene. No other individuals or vehicles were involved in the crash.
Nature of Injuries
Paramedics immediately responded to the scene to render aid. One driver was taken to the San Joaquin County Hospital in French Camp for unknown condition. It is not yet known where the other driver was transported for treatment.
What Caused the Accident?
Details surrounding the cause of the accident are unclear due to a pending CHP investigation. A CHP traffic collision report typically takes one to two weeks to be processed.
Truck accidents, particularly those involving overturned big rigs, can cause serious injuries to those in passenger vehicles. Some of the injuries commonly sustained in truck accidents include:
- Abdominal Trauma: An accident involving a large commercial truck can cause injuries to the organs and internal bleeding such as the bladder, liver, spleen or intestines.
- Bone Fractures: Due to the overwhelming size of large trucks compared to passenger vehicles, broken bones can be more severe in nature.
- Head and Brain Injuries: Head injuries can be heartbreaking because they oftentimes result in a traumatic brain injury, causing memory problems, loss of cognitive function, change in personality and other life-changing symptoms. Some individuals need long-term treatment and may never return to their original state due to the accident.
- Lacerations: A laceration may be a deep cut or tear in the skin or flesh. In serious cases, lacerations can leave permanent scarring depending on the depth and location of the cut.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: This type of injury ranges from a dislocated disc or destruction of the vertebrae. Individuals who have suffered spinal cord trauma can undergo partial or even complete paralysis.
Accidents involving big trucks can result in serious injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, there may be assistance available. Contacting an experienced personal injury lawyer in Lodi is crucial in securing your right to fair restitution.
Related Content by Edward A Smith Law Offices:
Lodi Personal Injury Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Lodi personal injury lawyer. If you or someone in your family has been injured in an accident, please call me at (209) 227-1931 for free, friendly advice. You may also phone me toll-free at (800) 404-5400.
Since 1982, I have assisted families in retrieving just compensation for their traumatic injury and wrongful death cases.
My former clients have written detailed reviews of our law practice at:
I have been awarded membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. This nationwide group of trial attorneys allows membership to those who have won one million dollar rewards in verdicts or settlements for clients.
To see how our law office has resolved prior cases, please visit our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Image Credit: By “ElasticComputeFarm” via Pixabay
:ds [cs 609] cv