Lincoln CA Motorcycle Crash Prevention
A Lincoln CA motorcycle crash is often serious, causing catastrophic injuries or resulting in fatalities. Liability issues are important and can help determine the damages you recover. This is why it is essential for an injured motorcyclist or family who lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident to consult with an experienced attorney. We will be exploring prevention, negligence, risk, and liability in the following sections, so this is an excellent opportunity to familiarize yourself with some of the things you should know when a Lincoln CA motorcycle crash occurs.
Negligence in a Lincoln CA Motorcycle Crash
Any claim of negligence in an accident contains four elements that must be proven by the plaintiff, which is the individual who is making a claim. Those elements include:
- Proving that another individual or government entity had a duty of care to others on the roadways to be careful and not cause harm to another.
- The other individual or government entity (defendant) failed in that duty.
- The actions or inactions by that individual or government entity resulted in injury to the plaintiff.
- Financial losses were suffered by the plaintiff as a result of the defendant’s negligence because of their injury. The financial losses can include medical bills, lost wages from work for treatment and recovery, and the pain and suffering that arose from the Lincoln CA motorcycle crash.
The Dangers of Riding a Motorcycle
Even motorcycle riders who are experienced and cautious are subject to dangers from other motorists, roads and weather conditions. Any accident can end up causing serious injuries. RideApart gives some ideas on how to minimize your danger while out and about. The following tips on how to stay safe may help:
- Add visibility: Motorists who are involved in a Lincoln CA motorcycle crash often say they never saw the rider. Wearing more brightly colored clothing and using extra lights on the bike at night may help.
- Increase protection: Fortunately, clothing with built-in airbags and other protections are available for motorcycle riders. However, even this addition may not be a match for a car or truck, especially at higher speeds.
- Steer clear of road dangers: Uneven pavement, potholes or debris can make a motorcycle slide and end up in a Lincoln CA motorcycle crash. Using caution and keeping an eye on the road ahead may help.
- Watch out for inclement weather: Inclement weather such as rain, snow or sleet can make roads too slippery for motorcyclists to head out safely.
- Beware of motorists who don’t obey the rules of the road: Drivers who speed, exhibit aggressive behaviors and who do not obey traffic laws can end up causing a Lincoln CA motorcycle crash. Making a turn in front of a biker is the number one reason for motor vehicle/motorcycle crashes.
Liability in a Motorcycle Crash
Motorists have a duty to others sharing the road to act responsibly and avoid injuring others. When they fail in that duty, the injured motorcycle rider has the same rights as others and can place a claim for compensation with the help of an experienced injury lawyer. The lawyer can assist by examining the evidence in the case and conducting their own investigation using crash reconstruction and evidence provided by expert witnesses. This helps the injured rider obtain the compensation they need and deserve, ensuring the cost of their medical bills, time lost from work and other expenses will not be a worry.
Lincoln California Motorcycle Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a Lincoln California motorcycle accident attorney. Many motorcycle crashes are caused by a negligent motorist. If this happened to you to or a loved one, I am honored to offer you free and friendly advice. You can reach me at (916) 921-6400 locally, or use my free long-distance line at (800) 404-5400 or our convenient contact form online at AutoAccident.com.
Two of the groups I belong to are the National Association of Distinguished Counsel and Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Both were established to recognize the top one percent of lawyers around the country, the first for legal excellence and the second for those who have won more than $1 million for a client.
For 37 years, I’ve defended the rights of Lincoln residents and other Northern California individuals to obtain fair compensation in all kinds of motor vehicle accidents, wrongful deaths, and trauma such as brain injuries.
You can learn more about my law practice by visiting the following web pages:
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_119574084_l-2015 (7) (1)
:cd llo [cs 756] cv