Multiple-Vehicle Collision Shuts Down All Traffic Lanes on Route 37
An injury accident occurred in Sonoma County on December 20 that caused a massive backup and involved multiple vehicles. The collision occurred at about 11:00 a.m. along westbound California Route 37 off San Pablo Bay and is located about eight miles west of Vallejo. According to the incident report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the accident closed down all the lanes of traffic.
Highway Reopened but Traffic Moves Slowly for Unknown Reason
The highway was reopened around 12:28 p.m.; however, delays continued for some time in the area. No information was released on the number of vehicles involved and injuries. The injury accident will be under investigation by the CHP to find out how it occurred and place fault.
Filing a Compensation Claim Following an Accident Injury
When multiple vehicles are involved in a collision and injuries occur, it has to be determined which drivers were at fault. In many cases, more than one driver was negligent and can be held liable for an accident injury. Some of the ways this negligence occurs include:
- A driver is speeding and can’t stop in time to avoid crashing into the slower vehicle in front.
- The driver is drunk driving, which means they have problems staying in their lane, slow down and speed up, and can’t judge their distance from other vehicles.
- Another driver is distracted because they are texting or performing another activity that takes their eyes from the roadway and surrounding traffic, which can cause an accident injury.
- A driver experiences brake failure because of a defect. In these cases, the manufacturer may be held liable through an auto product liability lawsuit.
- The driver is overly fatigued, which causes similar problems to those who are inebriated and makes them unsafe on the roadway.
- The roadway has been poorly maintained and has potholes, poorly marked lanes, debris in the road, or other problems. The government entity in charge of roadway maintenance may be held responsible in these cases. However, the time limit to file a claim against a government entity is much shorter than for other personal injuries, so asking for help from an injury lawyer may be a good idea.
How Our Firm Can Help in an Injury Accident
Our lawyers have handled many injury accident claims successfully over the years. We investigate the case using techniques that include the following:
- Our investigators perform accident reconstruction, which indicates the positioning of the vehicles and how the crash occurred. This type of evidence often points toward which driver/drivers were at fault and is used both by insurance companies and in civil court.
- The report filed by the police in the injury accident is checked for mistakes because an error could affect a client’s ability to place a claim for compensation.
- Any witnesses to the injury accident are interviewed for corroborating evidence.
- Area traffic cameras are examined to see if the injury accident was captured on film as it happened.
When the evidence has been compiled, our injury lawyers use it in constructing a case that supports our client’s claim, so they can recover their medical expenses, be reimbursed for their pain and suffering, and collect their unpaid wages.
Car Accident Attorneys in Vallejo
I’m Ed Smith, a car accident attorney in Vallejo. When injuries occur in an accident because of someone else’s fault, the injured party may want to find out if they can file a claim for compensation. We are here with free and friendly advice to offer you when you call us at (707) 564-1900 or (800) 404-5400. An online contact form is available also.
We are honored to be members of the groups that follow:
We have helped Vallejo residents since 1982 in obtaining fair compensation for cases that include all types of car accidents.
Having information about a law firm can be helpful when you are looking for free advice. The following links show how we’ve assisted others:
:cd llo