Fulton Avenue Crash Between Two Vehicles Causes Minor Injuries
Minor injuries were reported in an Arden Arcade traffic collision on February 5. The accident happened on Fulton Avenue between Cottage Way and Alta Arden Expressway around 1:05 in the afternoon and involved a sedan and a Toyota pickup. According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), individuals in two vehicles complained of being in pain following the collision. The vehicles both remained drivable and were moved to the side to avoid impeding traffic. The accident is being investigated to determine who was at fault and how it happened.
Minor Injuries in a Traffic Accident
So-called minor injuries suffered in a traffic accident can be deceiving because the body is flushed with adrenaline following the incident. This often masks pain and injuries that can even turn out to be life-threatening. Our injury attorneys are experienced in handling compensation claims and can help you too. The most common minor injuries are often:
- Cuts and bruises
- Other soft tissue damage such as swelling
- Minor cases of whiplash
- Sprains or pain in the joints
However, because the body is good at masking symptoms following a traffic accident, problems may appear within a few hours or days as the adrenaline surge wears off, which are initially thought to be minor injuries. This is why it is always a good idea to have a physician check you out if you’ve been involved in a traffic accident. Symptoms of a more serious injury can include:
- Cervical strain or sprain: Pain in the neck, shoulders, head, and back can point to this condition, commonly known as whiplash. Although most cases resolve within about six months, some can go on for as much as a year.
- Abdominal pain: Abdominal pain can extend to headaches, fainting, dizziness, and bruising. This can indicate internal bleeding or damage to an organ, which can require emergency surgery.
- Tingling and numbness in the hands or arms: The spinal column or neck may be injured if these symptoms arise. Some are due to a herniated disc, which causes pressure on the nerves of the spine.
- Back pain: Back pain can be caused by even minor accidents. It may range from pulled muscles and tendons to a herniated disc or damage to the spinal cord.
Collecting Evidence to Support an Injury Claim
Being injured in a traffic collision may mean spending time in the hospital with resulting high medical bills, losing time from work, and pain and suffering. At my law firm, we strongly believe that being injured because of someone’s negligence is bad enough. They should not have to bear the financial losses that accompany that injury.
We collect the evidence needed to support your compensation claim and handle your case. In this way, you can concentrate on recuperating from your accident without the financial stress of wondering how you will pay your bills. Following are some of the areas in which an evidence-gathering investigation is handled:
- Our investigators go right away to the accident site to collect evidence before it is lost or covered over.
- They interview the witnesses to the crash and check the police report for errors.
- Accident reconstruction is performed, which includes gathering evidence such as paint smears or pieces of the vehicle that were dropped at the scene.
- Looking for video evidence from businesses and traffic and road surveillance cameras is important to support a claim.
Elk Grove Personal Injury Attorney
My name is Ed Smith, and I’m a Sacramento car accident lawyer. Contact me for free, friendly advice if you were injured in a traffic accident due to a negligent driver. I can be reached at (916) 694-0002 or from long-distance at (800) 404-5400. An online message form is available also.
For more than 38 years, my law firm has helped people obtain fair compensation for those in Northern California for their traffic crashes, traumas such as brain injuries, and wrongful deaths.
Look over the links that follow to discover more about my law firm:
I’m a member of:
Attributed photo: https://pixabay.com/photos/headlamp-accident-auto-blue-broken-2940/
:cd llo [cs 702]