Intersection Accident Reported at Arden Way Intersection
A two-vehicle accident in North Sacramento on June 7 sent one driver to the hospital. The crash happened around 3:37 p.m. at the intersection of Arden Way and Markston Road in the Arden-Arcade area. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the collision involved an SUV and a sedan, with the vehicles blocking the street in both directions.
One Person Transported to Hospital Following Two-Vehicle Intersection Accident
Moderate front-end damage was apparent in one of the vehicles. Sacramento Fire Department paramedics arrived to assess injuries in the two-vehicle accident, and one patient was exported to a nearby hospital. An investigation is being conducted by the CHP to determine how the collision occurred and who was at fault.
Reasons for a Two-Vehicle Accident at an Intersection
The latest statistics show that more than half of all traffic collisions occur at intersections. In most cases, they involved negligence of some type. Some of the ways in which drivers are negligent include:
- A driver runs a red light or stop sign and strikes a vehicle already inside the intersection.
- A motorist is speeding and cannot stop in time to avoid a two-vehicle accident.
- The driver is inebriated, which means they have problems staying in their lane, cannot judge distances from other vehicles and shows poor judgment.
- The driver, instead of concentrating on the road ahead, is texting, talking on their cell phone or performing some other activity.
- A driver makes an illegal U-turn at the intersection, which causes it to collide with another car.
- An impatient driver attempts a right turn at the intersection when the view to the left is blocked by other vehicles.
- A driver makes a left-hand turn after the arrow has changed to red. When traffic is already coming, it can cause a head-on crash.
Determining the Cause of a Two-Vehicle Accident
Determining why a two-vehicle accident occurred and finding evidence of negligence allows an injured party to claim compensation from the at-fault person or entity. A compensation claim can recover all the medical costs associated with the accident, wages that were lost due to the inability to work and for the pain and suffering. We’ve helped many people over the years obtain this compensation, so they can work on getting well without the added stress of financial worry.
Collecting Evidence to Prove an Injury Claim
Our investigators head to the scene of the collision to collect the evidence needed to support our client’s compensation claim. While there:
- The investigators photograph and examine the accident site, which includes collecting evidence such as photos of paint smears, pieces of metal that have dropped and skid marks or gouges in the pavement.
- Accident reconstruction is performed to show how the vehicles were positioned.
- The report by the responding police is examined for mistakes because errors may affect a client’s claim.
- The driving record of the other driver is checked for previous traffic infractions.
- Statements are taken from any witnesses to the crash. In some cases, a witness actually videotaped the accident as it occurred.
- Nearby traffic surveillance cameras are examined to see if the accident was captured as it happened.
When the evidence is gathered, it is handed over to our injury attorneys, who use it in support of our client’s claim for compensation.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a Sacramento car accident lawyer. When you need free and friendly advice on whether you can claim compensation from a negligent driver or other entity, please phone us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. We can be reached online also.
Information about my law firm is located at the links that follow:
It is an honor for me to belong to the groups that are below, in addition to others:
My legal team and I have helped numerous Sacramentans since 1982 in garnering fair compensation for all kinds of traffic accidents, including motorcycle, bicycle, and other collisions, as well as wrongful deaths.
Photo attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/car-accident-totalled-car-crash-1660670/
:cd llo [cs 704]