CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: What We Are Doing to Protect Our Clients

Injuries Reported After Four-Vehicle Crash on Hatch Road in Ceres

Injuries Reported After Four-Vehicle Crash in Ceres

Authorities reported injuries after a four-vehicle crash in the Ceres area on Thursday, June 25, 2020. The car accident occurred on Morgan Road and East Hatch Road shortly before 2:30 p.m. Four vehicles were involved in a traffic accident at the intersection, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP). Three separate tow trucks were called to the scene to remove the cars that became disabled after the crash. An ambulance and fire department personnel were also requested at the accident site to assist those injured. Officials reported minor injuries in the collision. However, the number of parties injured and updates on their conditions were not immediately available.

Compensation in a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident

Recovery of personal injury damages after a motor vehicle accident is not always an easy task. California laws addressing such damages are challenging, and insurers will do everything in their power to limit what they pay people injured by their insured’s wrongdoing.

There are two types of damages available in personal injury cases, economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are those that can be easily calculated through receipts, records, and other forms of documentation. They include medical expenses, lost income, and property damage. Unlike economic damages, placing a dollar figure on non-economic damages is not as easy. They include compensation for disfigurement, loss of consortium, lost enjoyment of life, and pain and suffering. Punitive damages may also be available through these types of cases so long as it can be proven that the accident occurred as a result of egregious acts, like excessive speeding or DUI. Unlike non-economic and economic damages, punitive damages are not paid by insurance companies and are intended to punish the at-fault party for their negligence.

What is the Filing Deadline for a California Personal Injury Lawsuit?

In California, most personal injury lawsuits must be filed against the at-fault party within two years from the day of the incident. This time limit is known as the statute of limitations. However, there is a shorter statute of limitations relevant to the case if a government entity is involved. A notice of claim must be brought within 180 days. This is by the California Government Code 911.2. There are other exceptions and restrictions varying on who the at-fault party is. If criteria and deadlines specific to the case are not met, it will be dismissed by the court, and the injured party will not be able to recover financial compensation. In such situations, a Ceres personal injury lawyer can ensure your legal rights are protected by filing your claim on time. For details on what to look for in a reputable attorney, watch the video below.

Should You Hire a Lawyer for a Ceres Four-Vehicle Crash?

When you have been injured after a motor vehicle collision in Ceres, it is essential to seek legal assistance from an experienced injury lawyer as soon as possible. Even if you believe your injuries are not that serious, filing a personal injury claim and recovering compensation for medical care and expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering can be a challenging process. What is commonly known about the insurance company industry is that they are notorious for reducing, delaying, or denying payments to parties injured in auto accidents caused by their insured. This is their way of protecting their bottom line. The process for a personal injury case can become even much more difficult when you are bringing several claims with different insurers, including your own. An experienced personal injury attorney in Ceres can handle the legal complexities of your case to obtain the full and fair compensation to which you may be entitled to under the law.

Personal Injury Lawyer in Ceres

I’m Ed Smith, a Ceres personal injury lawyer. If you have suffered serious injuries after a motor vehicle accident in Ceres and have questions about the personal injury claims process, give me a call at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly legal advice.

If you would like to learn more about our personal injury law firm, see our reviews at the following links:

I am a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.

The Ceres injury lawyers of are committed to helping people who have been injured in accidents caused by the negligence of others. To see the results obtained by our attorneys, go to our Verdicts and Settlements page.

Image :ab

:ds llo [cs 768]

Contact Information